Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

KennyJ

Re: Roku Any Idea When This Pile of Junk XS Will Actually Wo

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:26 am

My Roku2 is also working great. Just finished watching several episodes of Frasier on Amazon.

laidbackache

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Seems I've noticed a pattern of when someone says their roku 2 works great , they usually have over 500 posts on the forum?????????? And the rest of us are idiots.

thegeekjedi

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:58 pm

My Roku 2 works great, and I have fewer posts than you. And I don't recall anyone calling you an idiot. Just sayin'.
Watch me on This Week in Radio Tech, live on the TWiT.tv network Wednesdays at 5pm PT/8pm ET. Jumpscan.com/thegeekjedi

stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:16 pm

my Roku2 XS works great except for the fact that some local file support has been suspended :( oops, I have over 500 posts, nevermind :oops:

bozzy

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:34 pm

laidbackache wrote:
Seems I've noticed a pattern of when someone says their roku 2 works great , they usually have over 500 posts on the forum?????????? And the rest of us are idiots.

Most people don't create a new account to say their Roku works. Most new users create an account and post because they have a support question. So of course people who are forum veterans will say they have a Roku2 that is working well. My guess is that is because the majority of people aren't having major difficulties.

mkiker2089

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:07 pm

stratcat96 wrote:
my Roku2 XS works great except for the fact that some local file support has been suspended :( oops, I have over 500 posts, nevermind :oops:

I may have less posts than you, but I've been here longer, so there :D

Anyway, the reason people who say their box works will have a lot of posts is because there are two types of people on this forum.

1- people who post a problem and never return
2- those of us who have chosen to stay on and help others. Once someone gets past 50 posts it's even odds they'll hit 200-1000 at some point. I for example have been here since before there was a channel store or even different version of the Roku.

Just because I'm an old timer doesn't mean I won't call Roku out in the most verbose way when I disagree with them. Check my posts if you don't believe me. That aside most people's boxes are working well. There are still a few bugs here and there but that's mostly channel specific.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.

stratcat96

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:12 pm

and those of us that post alot/have been here awhile come back time and time again so we can try to help others enjoy their Rokus like we do

BrianN

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Rebooting once a day would qualify as a design flaw. These things are embedded Linux - not Windows 95......
D3 5*30 Time Warner
Checkpoint N1000 Firewall
N1000 and Roku2 XS

kc8pql

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 pm

BrianN wrote:
Rebooting once a day would qualify as a design flaw.

Well, some sort of a bug anyway. A design flaw would affect everyone, and this doesn't.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

jambandit7

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:20 am

My post count has absolutely no bearing on how well my unit works. :P But I can say, my Roku2 performs just as well as my older XD...with quite a few improvements. I am pretty happy with it. 8)
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Roku2 XD- 3050X/HDMI/Composite Audio
Roku XD-Composite A/V
Roku XD-HDMI
Roku2 4210RW-HDMI

TheEndless

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 am

jambandit7 wrote:
laidbackache wrote:
Seems I've noticed a pattern of when someone says their roku 2 works great , they usually have over 500 posts on the forum??????????

My post count has absolutely no bearing on how well my unit works. :P But I can say, my Roku2 performs just as well as my older XD...with quite a few improvements. I am pretty happy with it. 8)

That's because you haven't hit 500, yet. Once you hit 500 posts, they update your unit with a custom firmware that fixes every problem ever discussed on these forums. Once you hit 2000, they update it with a firmware that activates the money printing slot on the underside of the device. It's pretty sweet.

I'll need to review the incentive details, but I believe once I hit 5000, I'll automatically own 15% of the company...
Last edited by TheEndless on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

nushmut

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 am

TheEndless wrote:
jambandit7 wrote:
laidbackache wrote:
Seems I've noticed a pattern of when someone says their roku 2 works great , they usually have over 500 posts on the forum??????????

That's because you haven't hit 500, yet. Once you hit 500 posts, they update your unit with a custom firmware that fixes every problem ever discussed on these forums. Once you hit 2000, they update it with a firmware that activates the money printing slot on the underside of the device. It's pretty sweet.

Let us know what you get when you pass 5000 posts! :lol:
Roku XDS, AppleTV 4th Gen
1.0 gbps on Google Fiber (wifi-N to Roku)
Panasonic P42ST30 HDTV & BD-85 Blu-ray Player
Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1 system

Paid services:
Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu (no ads), HBO Now, MLB.tv, NHL.tv, Roksbox

kc8pql

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:33 am

TheEndless wrote:
Once you hit 2000, they update it with a firmware that activates the money printing slot on the underside of the device. It's pretty sweet.

Ahhh...so that's where it's been coming from! I thought my wife had a hole in her purse. :oops:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

stratcat96

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 am

nushmut wrote:

Let us know what you get when you pass 5000 posts! :lol:

I hear they give you a free dancing girl... That's why I post on everything I see :lol:

philsoft

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:24 am

BrianN wrote:
Rebooting once a day would qualify as a design flaw. These things are embedded Linux - not Windows 95......

Just to follow up on this, since the last firmware update I no longer need to reboot the box.