Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

glennswn@yahoo.com

Re: Roku will not connect to internet

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 am

I previously posted on this forum that I could not connect wirelessly, and that I thought Roku customer support was monitoring and would provide solutions. I emailed my complaints to Roku and got a reply from customer support, a man in California who speaks flawless English. He asked for my phone number so he could call me. I told him when I would be home, and the call came in. To make a long story short, he walked me through the setup and had me reset my router. My wireless network password had included upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. He had me change the password through the router to one with just numbers and letters with no special characters. When I entered those in my Roku, it connected right away! The entire call took 15 or 20 minutes. Customer support worked great for me in this instance. I wish I had contact from Mr. Espinoza at customer support much sooner, it would have saved a lot of frustration.

sa579

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure people have posted this particular problem, but forgive me if its redundant. I've been having connectivity issues for the past month. Random dropouts in connection, followed by sustained connection for a few days, then drops. It's been more frequent lately and culminated yesterday. Literally every minute the box would disconnect, and I'd have to go through the whole connection spiel again. Suffice it to say, I was done with that. So I took the (working) wired connection from my blu-ray player and used it on my roku. That worked for about two seconds, then the same issues.

Now, no matter what I do, neither wired nor wireless connections work. The first two "lights" in the connection process go green quickly, then the last light always turns red. I have changed nothing at all with my wireless, and frankly every other device I own works perfectly, perfect enough to stream high qual videos. I'm beyond frustrated at this point. I'm not sure how to get all the specifics people have posted here, but I'd be happy to with some guidance. My roku is barely a year old and quite frankly, should not be having issues like this!

I am desperate for help and would greatly appreciate any suggestions you all have!

peegee12

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 am

I just purchased my Roku 2xd at Best Buy last night -- went through setup successfully until after the software update, then no connection to my network. Exactly the same problem as described in previous post. I've reset and rebooted multiple times and each time the software update installs, and then fails to connect to the internet, so I can't get my activation code. If this has been going on since October, 2011, there should be a fix by now!

jambandit7

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 am

peegee12 wrote:
I just purchased my Roku 2xd at Best Buy last night -- went through setup successfully until after the software update, then no connection to my network. Exactly the same problem as described in previous post. I've reset and rebooted multiple times and each time the software update installs, and then fails to connect to the internet, so I can't get my activation code. If this has been going on since October, 2011, there should be a fix by now!

Since there has been no posts other than yours since Oct. 2011, I would guess that issue has been squashed. :) You say you have a new unit. Are you wired or wireless? If wireless, I would recommend you first try a wired connection to link your box and get the current update, then try wireless. This has worked for many in the past.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Roku2 XD- 3050X/HDMI/Composite Audio
Roku XD-Composite A/V
Roku XD-HDMI
Roku2 4210RW-HDMI

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am

jambandit7 wrote:
Are you wired or wireless? If wireless, I would recommend you first try a wired connection to link your box and get the current update, then try wireless.

The R2 XD is wireless only.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:41 am

peegee12 wrote:

Most of the issues are resolved.

Try doing a factory reset from the settings menu.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

RickRansom

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm

peegee12 wrote:

If the suggestions they provided still wasn't enough to get you running, just post some information about your network setup such as the router brand and model number including your internet provider so people can try to help you. :wink:
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games