Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jbrave
Topic Author

ScreenShades now available on all Roku Players

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:09 am

FYI, my ScreenShades screensaver for Roku2 is now available on the original series of Roku players thanks to the new 3.0 Roku firmware update. Screenshades was the first independently developed application to make heavy use of the new 2D graphics features on the Roku 2.

ScreenShades is a moving digital art piece that can stimulate and please in the daytime and yet is a subtle enough as a great nighttime screensaver. It can be used as a moving abstract artwork for your living room, office wall or children's room: The perpetually mixing colors makes ScreenShades an ideal mobile for your child's early development!

ScreenShades is available for $1.99 in the Roku Channel Store (waaaay down at the bottom, in the Games and Screensavers section)

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!

gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Re: ScreenShades now available on all Roku Players

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 am

jbrave wrote:
FYI, my ScreenShades screensaver for Roku2 is now available on the original series of Roku players thanks to the new 3.0 Roku firmware update. Screenshades was the first independently developed application to make heavy use of the new 2D graphics features on the Roku 2.

ScreenShades is a moving digital art piece that can stimulate and please in the daytime and yet is a subtle enough as a great nighttime screensaver. It can be used as a moving abstract artwork for your living room, office wall or children's room: The perpetually mixing colors makes ScreenShades an ideal mobile for your child's early development!

ScreenShades is available for $1.99 in the Roku Channel Store (waaaay down at the bottom, in the Games and Screensavers section)

- Joel

I'm at work and won't have a chance to see it until the weekend probably. Any chance you can do a few screenshots (or even better a youtube of it in action) for the thread?
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com

socantra

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:44 am

gonzotek wrote:
I'm at work and won't have a chance to see it until the weekend probably. Any chance you can do a few screenshots (or even better a youtube of it in action) for the thread?

That would be very helpful. I didn't care for your "Ouroborialis" screensaver and didn't find it psychedelic at all. I understand that is purely a matter of taste and I am not complaining. I tried it a few days and removed it. No harm, no foul

For a pay channel however, even at the quite reasonable price of $1.99, I would appreciate seeing at least some screen shots. :)
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.

gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:55 am

socantra wrote:
gonzotek wrote:

That would be very helpful. I didn't care for your "Ouroborialis" screensaver and didn't find it psychedelic at all. I understand that is purely a matter of taste and I am not complaining. I tried it a few days and removed it. No harm, no foul

For a pay channel however, even at the quite reasonable price of $1.99, I would appreciate seeing at least some screen shots. :)
I'm sure jbrave will chime in soon, but there are probably screenshots in the channel store. I'm just not able to get there at the moment, and was hoping it'd be easy for him to add them to the thread too.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com

jbrave
Topic Author

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:59 am

Here you go!

Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!

socantra

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Many thanks. :)
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.