Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Crow550
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Wifi on Roku2 VS. Roku1.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Using Wireless G 2.4ghz.

Sometimes when using the Microwave the wireless will slow or drop out. Usually it still plays. It would be rare.

However even if it re-buffered while the Microwave was running. It would still quickly resume after I was done nuking whatever. It was continue buffering when the Microwave was off. That was with the Roku1.

The Roku2 however will kill the Wifi to where the title won't resume. I have to goto settings and select Connection status for the Wireless to work again.... It fact it craps out quicker than the Roku 1 does as I rarely got re-buffers while nuking something.

Any fixes coming soon?

jambandit7

Re: Wifi on Roku2 VS. Roku1.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Crow550 wrote:
Using Wireless G 2.4ghz.

Sometimes when using the Microwave the wireless will slow or drop out. Usually it still plays. It would be rare.

However even if it re-buffered while the Microwave was running. I could still quickly resume after I was done nuking whatever. That was with the Roku1.

The Roku2 however will kill the Wifi to where I can't just resume the title I was watching. I have to goto settings and select Network status for the Wireless to work again. It fact it craps out quicker than the Roku 1 does as I rarely got re-buffers while nuking something.

Any fixes coming soon?

With my set up I find just the opposite to be true. My original XD has the shaky wireless where the Roku2 keeps a solid connection.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Roku2 XD- 3050X/HDMI/Composite Audio
Roku XD-Composite A/V
Roku XD-HDMI
Roku2 4210RW-HDMI