mitchmcelveen

Re: Crackle suddenly "not available in my location"

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm

I am in South Carolina....same error same problem

renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Add Reno to the list of locations where Crackle is not available. Is it available anywhere?

-JT

stratcat96

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm getting it too in Cleveland. Funny, I was just browsing through last night after I saw it updated...

rwhewitt

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:28 pm

NOTE TO ROKU COMPANY: Please, Please, Please REMOVE CRACKLE from the ROKU Channel Store. It is erratic and just plain annoying! It works, then it doesn't work. The "not available in my location" appeared again here in Southern California tonight (November 19th, Saturday, 8:15pm) AFTER I watched a full movie with no problems. What is going on??? I've removed the channel and reinstalled the channel several times. I've even rebooted the box by pulling the power. The latter was done when CRACKLE froze at the main menu the first time around. My suggestion is to pull the channel, recode it, then test it throughly BEFORE it is released to the public. We are not talking about a private channel here. CRACKLE is one of the "featured" channels. It should work everytime!

mikebdoss

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:35 pm

rwhewitt wrote:
NOTE TO ROKU COMPANY: Please, Please, Please REMOVE CRACKLE from the ROKU Channel Store. It is erratic and just plain annoying! It works, then it doesn't work. The "not available in my location" appeared again here in Southern California tonight (November 19th, Saturday, 8:15pm) AFTER I watched a full movie with no problems. What is going on??? I've removed the channel and reinstalled the channel several times. I've even rebooted the box by pulling the power. The latter was done when CRACKLE froze at the main menu the first time around. My suggestion is to pull the channel, recode it, then test it throughly BEFORE it is released to the public. We are not talking about a private channel here. CRACKLE is one of the "featured" channels. It should work everytime!

Channels have issues sometimes - it's happened to pretty much every channel in the channel store. Should they remove Netflix too, because it goes down on some weekend nights?

It's pretty obvious that this is an issue with Crackle, or at least Crackle's servers that deal with Roku users and their location. Also, Crackle made the channel - not Roku. This doesn't seem like a channel issue as much as a problem with their servers.

SeanOCali

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:57 pm

mikebdoss wrote:
JamieCarper wrote:
Count Cincinnati, Ohio as the latest victim!

I find it amazing that Roku has not addressed this issue publicly. I suspect it has something to do with their "partnership" with HBO. Check to see if the same time HBO Go became available, Crackle became disabled. The timing of it all seems a little uncanny. We always turn to Crackle when Netflix starts giving us fits because of their slow resets. Now without a word from Roku, suddenly it is no longer available in our area. That stinks of exclusive rights to a market and giving preference to a "partner".

If I am wrong than someone in high places needs to start getting more responsible with their communications with their customers. The folks at Netflix learned the hard way. It would be good of Roku to learn by their example and talk straight about this issue.

That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Roku's people chimed in in THIS THREAD about it being a problem, and working on it with Crackle. Not only that, it's still working for most people. So unless HBO+Roku+the Illuminati+swamp gas aliens are conspiring against buckeyes, you should double up on your medication, go back to bed, and think about what you typed up there.

Wow..hello anger management...population: you.

mactray

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Out in Boston

ds6060

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:32 am

Was having problems with it throughout the day today in FL, but it is back up and working fine at the moment. Crackle is making changes and upgrading their service and I think that's what's causing the intermittent problems. Just registered an account with them for access to the new features.

To the person who said Roku should blacklist Crackle from the Channel Store just because they sometimes have server problems and it annoys you --- Remove it from your own box if you don't like it. There's no reason for Crackle to be taken away from everyone just because of temporary server issues. You have the option to install or remove the channel from your own box. I prefer to keep it on my box since it works sometimes and I know the company is working on resolving the glitches. Crackle is really not at all bad for a free service.

renojim

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:16 am

It came back for me around 10pm PST. I'm wondering if that "not available" message is their way of saying their servers are overloaded.

-JT

raviles99

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 am

Hi all. Same problem since last night. Worked fine most of the day. I can play all movies and TV shows on PC. Problem is only with Roku device.
I'm located in Fort Meade, MD, near Baltimore. I deleted the channel twice and added it again, but that didn't solve the problem. I hope this gets a quick fix soon!
Old Sarge.

posterboy7596

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 am

I think the IP problem is the likely cause. I just got my Roku last night(yippie new user :) and added the channel straight away. When I loaded it the first time I got the same error. I rebooted the device and it came right up.

kc8pql

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:42 am

renojim wrote:
I'm wondering if that "not available" message is their way of saying their servers are overloaded.

+1
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

mkiker2089

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 pm

kc8pql wrote:
renojim wrote:
I'm wondering if that "not available" message is their way of saying their servers are overloaded.

+1

+2
IP addresses are a red herring. I've had the error occur and go away all while having the same IP so it's not an actual location issue. Crackle is having problems with it's server causing other issues as well such as slow loads, bouncing out to the main menu, and thumbnails not loading or being slow. If it happens just watch something else for an hour and it resolves itself.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.

36093Alabama

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:42 pm

36093Alabama wrote:
My IP address is - 68.207.19x.xx

Had Roku for one day. Started a movie on Crackle, stopped it and went to another channel. Tried to come back and it now says not available in my area.

Oddly, I can watch the same movie on my computer in the same room from http://www.crackle.com

Must be a Roku issue.

Today I'm getting crackle with no issue whatsoever.

You guys asking for crackle be taken off of Roku are being too dramatic. I think it will get fixed.

themew

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Looks like we're back up here in NW Florida. Not sure why, but it's nice to have Crackle back.

And yes, I agree that the new huge dvd cover artwork is way too big -- you get less titles on the screen.