Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Crackle suddenly "not available in my location"

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:17 pm

JamieCarper wrote:
Count Cincinnati, Ohio as the latest victim!

I find it amazing that Roku has not addressed this issue publicly. I suspect it has something to do with their "partnership" with HBO. Check to see if the same time HBO Go became available, Crackle became disabled. The timing of it all seems a little uncanny. We always turn to Crackle when Netflix starts giving us fits because of their slow resets. Now without a word from Roku, suddenly it is no longer available in our area. That stinks of exclusive rights to a market and giving preference to a "partner".

If I am wrong than someone in high places needs to start getting more responsible with their communications with their customers. The folks at Netflix learned the hard way. It would be good of Roku to learn by their example and talk straight about this issue.

That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Roku's people chimed in in THIS THREAD about it being a problem, and working on it with Crackle. Not only that, it's still working for most people. So unless HBO+Roku+the Illuminati+swamp gas aliens are conspiring against buckeyes, you should double up on your medication, go back to bed, and think about what you typed up there.

optikhog

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:48 am

Now getting this error in St. Louis. Help!

DoctorQ9

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:39 pm

I am located in Sacramento, California and I also got this message last night. I used the Roku Tech Support Chat Agent and she submitted a Trouble Ticket for me. I tried removing and reinstalling the channel to no avail. All other Roku channels stream fine with no discernable changes.

mikebdoss

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:51 pm

The problem, most likely, is that Crackle's servers are mistakenly labeling some IP ranges as non-USA, therefore giving that message to some users. There's really nothing you can do on your end except wait for them to fix the issue.

DoctorQ9

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:06 pm

I got the same message last night, and I am in Sacramento, California. Tried removing and then reinstalling the Crackle channel, but the "not available in your location" kept popping up. I "spoke" with a Chat Technical Rep at Roku, and she placed a Trouble Ticket for me. She had no idea that there was any problem with Crackle, so it must not be a system wide issue...

RokuPatrick

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:16 pm

We're working with Crackle to resolve. If you've had the problem, could you please PM me a few pieces of information:

1) Your location
2) Your public IP address. Not the IP address of your computer (likely 192.168.x.x), the external address from your ISP. If you don't know it, you can get it from here: http://www.whatismyip.com/
3) Can you play Crackle through their website and/or mobile app?
4) Approx time and date that it happened or is happening.

Thanks,

Patrick

stratcat96

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:26 pm

my Crackle is working again fine

optikhog

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 am

Mine is back again as of last night. Not sure what happened but yay.

stirfri

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:38 pm

I've been watching a movie for about 1 1/2 hours... cut to THE SAME Toyota commercial (come on, at least mix them up!) and Crackle never came back. Just the screen "Crackle is not available at my location." Now I'm left with Crackle not available in my area AND not knowing how "Passengers" ends... besides the standard "everyone dies."

markalot

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Florence, KY (near Cincinnati)

Was sitting down to watch Real Genius when suddenly Crackle is not available in my location.

bandal

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Same here in Colorado Comcast Internet- Not Available in my location

smiltimore

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:56 pm

I also am experiencing the same issue with Crackle. Last evening it was working, this evening it is not.

I live in the Tampa Bay, Florida area.
I use Brighthouse Networks internet.
My subnet is 70.125.14.x. (not posting full ip for obvious reasons)
I can view a movie on my computer via the Crackle website and I can view a movie on my Android phone using the Crackle app found in the Android Marketplace.

themew

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Happening here in NW Florida. Never had this problem before. Removed and reinstalled the channel - still get the error message that Crackle isn't available in my area. Using COX cable. Let's hope for a fix soon... I NEED my Godzilla movies :)

howzerdo

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 pm

I am having this same problem with Crackle -- in upstate New York.

36093Alabama

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

My IP address is - 68.207.19x.xx

Had Roku for one day. Started a movie on Crackle, stopped it and went to another channel. Tried to come back and it now says not available in my area.

Oddly, I can watch the same movie on my computer in the same room from http://www.crackle.com

Must be a Roku issue.