Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Re: NHL Loading Problem Tonight

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Difficulty this evening attempting to watch the Ranger-Cap archive. Could not get game to load, then got audio only, out and in to channel got me audio/video out of sync, out and in again got me the game foe a few minutes and now a loading please wait screen just hanging. Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh. Oh, wait, audio has returned but still black screen with blue loading bar.

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

DaBronx

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:05 pm

DaBronx wrote:
Difficulty this evening attempting to watch the Ranger-Cap archive. Could not get game to load, then got audio only, out and in to channel got me audio/video out of sync, out and in again got me the game foe a few minutes and now a loading please wait screen just hanging. Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh. Oh, wait, audio has returned but still black screen with blue loading bar.

Peace

brett

Similar issue attempting to watch on the ps3. Game loads, plays a minute or two and then reloads (wheel of misfortune) for a few, then plays a minute then reloads for a few.

Must be the NHL's version of lather, rinse and repeat. And tell me it is a Thanksgiving holiday weekend since the NHL is based in Canada and last time I checked they don't celebrate the holiday. Just Thursday and Friday to our northern neighbors.

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

ldmariodl28
Topic Author

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:04 am

Noticing this too every night it seems.. condenced games are not working the way they should, even on NHL.com. Last night I focused on the FL/TB game (good choice) and figured ill just go back and watch the others as condenced games.. well no dice. Moved on to Hulu Plus after that.

PS - This roku is addicting even beyond NHL

DaBronx

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:16 am

ldmariodl28 wrote:
PS - This roku is addicting even beyond NHL

Ha-ha!

Have said the same thing myself. I bought the Roku originally so I could watch the MLB.TV package, no cable or sat and a laptop that did not stream video well at the time. Must admit that the Roku has opened my eyes to the world of on-line entertainment way beyond what I was aware of. Hard to imagine life without the Roku now as far as entertainment goes.

Is there a Roku 12-step program on the horizon?

Peace

brett

DaBronx

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:59 am

Today's live feed is working great for the Islander-Devil game (NJ feed). Seems like the live feeds have been ok lately but the archived games are the major issue for me.

Does not seem to be a Roku issue as when the Roku is unwatchable I get the same result with the ps3. Have seen others have issues with the android version also.

Peace

brett

ldmariodl28
Topic Author

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:04 pm

DaBronx wrote:
Today's live feed is working great for the Islander-Devil game (NJ feed). Seems like the live feeds have been ok lately but the archived games are the major issue for me.

Does not seem to be a Roku issue as when the Roku is unwatchable I get the same result with the ps3. Have seen others have issues with the android version also.

Peace

brett

Well for $160 a year for the service it should be close to flawless. Might have to Call Gary Bettman on his weekly radio show on the Sirius NHL channel. If you e-mail NHL they will prob give you a useless answer. Mind you also it worked well this morning when I watched the condensed version of Bos/Det from yesterday. Just seems like an issue at night.

DaBronx

Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Watching the archive of today's Flyer-Ranger game.

As soon as they dropped the puck they dropped the gloves. First fight 4 seconds in.

Perfect stream so far, 4 seconds plus fight.

Peace

brett

ps- 2 minutes in as I finish typing.

ldmariodl28
Topic Author

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:16 pm

So I sent NHL another message about how around 12am EST it seems to have buffering issues, especially with condensed games on all platforms, and this was there useless response

Choppy video playback, or "buffering", is most commonly due to network conditions or insufficient system resources.

You can test your network conditions at http://www.speedtest.net and http://www.pingtest.net Please check the location closest to you, and at least one other location and note the download speed provided. You should have sufficient bandwidth (>750 kbps), relatively low latency (<200 ms), and minimal packet loss (<2%) for an optimal viewing experience. Contact your internet provider if you suspect you are getting less internet bandwidth then you should.

To check your CPU utilization while GameCenter Live is running:

-Windows: Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Del and then select 'Task Manager'. CPU usage percentages are listed under the 'Performance' tab

-Mac: Your Mac's 'Activity Monitor' will show CPU utilization

If your CPU is running at or above about 75% while streaming you will likely en counter issues with sluggish or choppy playback. Closing ancillary applications, i.e. those not required to view your live video event, will help save CPU resources and improve live video streaming performance.

There is a setting in Adobe Flash Player that you can adjust to improve the performance of video playback. To access these settings, right-click on the video section of the site (on a Mac, hold the Control key and click) then select Settings. This will open the Adobe Flash Player settings box, click on the left-most icon across the bottom, then uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration. Close the settings box and reinitialize your browser by closing and re-opening it to force the settings change.

DaBronx

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:43 pm

ldmariodl28 wrote:
So I sent NHL another message about how around 12am EST it seems to have buffering issues, especially with condensed games on all platforms, and this was there useless response

Choppy video playback, or "buffering", is most commonly due to network conditions or insufficient system resources.

You can test your network conditions at http://www.speedtest.net and http://www.pingtest.net Please check the location closest to you, and at least one other location and note the download speed provided. You should have sufficient bandwidth (>750 kbps), relatively low latency (<200 ms), and minimal packet loss (<2%) for an optimal viewing experience. Contact your internet provider if you suspect you are getting less internet bandwidth then you should.

To check your CPU utilization while GameCenter Live is running:

-Windows: Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Del and then select 'Task Manager'. CPU usage percentages are listed under the 'Performance' tab

-Mac: Your Mac's 'Activity Monitor' will show CPU utilization

If your CPU is running at or above about 75% while streaming you will likely en counter issues with sluggish or choppy playback. Closing ancillary applications, i.e. those not required to view your live video event, will help save CPU resources and improve live video streaming performance.

There is a setting in Adobe Flash Player that you can adjust to improve the performance of video playback. To access these settings, right-click on the video section of the site (on a Mac, hold the Control key and click) then select Settings. This will open the Adobe Flash Player settings box, click on the left-most icon across the bottom, then uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration. Close the settings box and reinitialize your browser by closing and re-opening it to force the settings change.

Funny. Thank you for sharing their insane unresponsive response.

I was fortunate to miss last night's archives other than the Rangers-Flyers which played fine as the turkey finally kicked in and I got a whopping 10 straight hours of sleep. Even the dog let me sleep.

Just a wonderful Sunday, temps have been around 80, a few degrees warmer tomorrow.

Sitting here outside with the laptop with the Car-Ott game playing live (Car feed). When an exciting play happens I just go in and watch it during the next break. Stream is playing just fine, some might call the picture beautiful.

Will have a chance later on tonight to catch some archives and a daily dose of frustration.

Peace

brett

ldmariodl28
Topic Author

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Seriously.. the condensed game issue at night is the only thing holding this back to being the most amazing package since sliced bread. That being said, I would now always get this package over center ice for the additional options, plus I love the classic games.

DaBronx

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 pm

I watched 2 full archived games from last night today with no issues. Good news.

Watching the Dallas-Colo game live now (Dallas feed), an awesome and crisp picture, like looking through a window at the ice. Nice.

Peace

brett

DaBronx

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Just a note that last night and so far tonight I am getting many reloads during the live feeds. Last night I gave up in the 2nd period of the NJ game and turned off the games for the night because it was so frequent.

Tonight I am watching the Wash-Ott game live (Wash feed) and 5 minutes in already several reloads.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with NHL GameCenter tonight?

Peace

brett

themew

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:24 pm

I started getting reloads last night, along with the panning judder on the home feed of the Leafs game.

What seems to work and remove the loading issue is, while watching a live feed, hit the 30 sec rewind button on the remote about 3 times. You'll notice the time bar shows LIVE at the end but the stream stays rock solid. If you start seeing artifacts on the ice (it goes from white to blue), hit the 30 sec button1 more time and all should look great.

Did I mention the judder panning issue is still driving me nuts?!? 240hz LCD 1080p screen and I see this ONLY on the NHL channel. :(

ldmariodl28
Topic Author

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 am

Agreed about the judder issue.

I watched Was-Ott in about a 1 hour delay last night and had no issues (except for the fact that Ovechkin should have gotten a penalty for that cheap spear on Neil.