Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

henry1jo
Topic Author

Live NBA games on roku

Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Please tell me exactly what steps I need to take to guarantee I can watch live NBA games on roku?

Gilgamesh

Re: Live NBA games on roku

Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:35 pm

henry1jo wrote:
Please tell me exactly what steps I need to take to guarantee I can watch live NBA games on roku?

Pray!

RickRansom

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:54 pm

According to the roku newsletter that they just sent out, it should be out soon. At least not all the emails they send are unusable or just ways to make you buy a new player :lol: .
The only question I have left is "how soon do they mean by soon?".

Get ready for the NBA!

The 2011-2012 NBA Game Time channel is on the way. Get instant access to stats, news, standings & live scores. And, if you subscribe to NBA League Pass Broadband, you can access your account to watch live NBA games–plus full on-demand game replays and highlights from around the league!

Be first to get it. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:52 am

henry1jo wrote:

You will need a subscription to the NBA League Pass package (http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/) and the Roku NBA GameTime or GameTime lite channel from the channel store (not there yet). Check the blackout restrictions on League Pass, many games blacked out live.

Based on past experience with the various sports packages on Roku those channels should be in the channel store shortly before or the day the regular season begins on 12/25. first regular season games on League Pass are 12/26 (all 12/25 games on networks and blacked out live but should be available after as archived games).

Glad to see other hoopsters on the board.

Go Knicks!

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

kiikeepr

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 am

Do i need to buy the game time app year after year or do I buy it only one time and they update it when the season starts?

and

I want to buy the Choice NBA Leaguepass package ($109), does the app work for this package or only for the Premium one?

DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:31 am

kiikeepr wrote:
Do i need to buy the game time app year after year or do I buy it only one time and they update it when the season starts?

and

I want to buy the Choice NBA Leaguepass package ($109), does the app work for this package or only for the Premium one?

I hope last years app works this year and that we don't have to repurchase it. If not I believe that the lite version of the app should work for the League Pass games.

As to the choice package question you asked I don't know. Have never had that package myself nor have I seen any posts about it that I remember. I would think it should work on the Roku but better to get a definite answer. You can try the nba.com chat for an answer.

Also hoping that the Roku offers the free preview that the cable and sat co's have from 12/26-1/8/12.

Peace

brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)

jcmolet

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Hopefully the NBA will offer League Pass at a discounted rate from previous seasons based on a reduced schedule and hence, fewer games.

Tanpianista

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:43 am

Guys do you think nba league pass broadband INTERNATIONAL will work on roku, im based in europe

Gilgamesh

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am

Tanpianista wrote:
Guys do you think nba league pass broadband INTERNATIONAL will work on roku, im based in europe

I very much doubt that it will work as the NBA would have to expressly allow it and they are like any other greedy conglomerate; they are very slow to embrace any new ideas and they see global distribution of their product for viewing on the TV as a threat to their control.

As far as I know no major sport from the US is working overseas on the Roku.

Boy what a typo I almost made: I wrote "whoring" in place of "working." Actually that might have been quite accurate. :wink: :D

gyurchak

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:41 pm

This is ridiculous. I've paid the extra $4.99 and the only channel that will download (full version, not the light version) is the 2010-2011 season. Anyone else having this issue? I'm ready to throw something.

kgerts

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:27 pm

gyurchak wrote:
This is ridiculous. I've paid the extra $4.99 and the only channel that will download (full version, not the light version) is the 2010-2011 season. Anyone else having this issue? I'm ready to throw something.

gyurchak - happened to me tonight as well. This is completely misleading and someone at Roku needs to step up and get this up and running.

I am not opposed about paying $5 for watching games on Roku but it needs work. Period.

bozzy

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

kgerts wrote:
gyurchak wrote:

gyurchak - happened to me tonight as well. This is completely misleading and someone at Roku needs to step up and get this up and running.

I am not opposed about paying $5 for watching games on Roku but it needs work. Period.

You can use the Gametime Lite channel to watch games. Why the paid version isn't updated is beyond me.

marktopherz

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Is there any way that I can watch live NBA games on a standard television? NBA Game Time keeps telling me I need to change the display type to at least 720 to watch games.

afredora

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 pm

marktopherz wrote:
Is there any way that I can watch live NBA games on a standard television? NBA Game Time keeps telling me I need to change the display type to at least 720 to watch games.

I am having the same problem... I have an older TV. I chatted with Roku "support" a few times and the latest customer service guy told me that NBA would only work with HDTV because it requires a certain internet speed to stream - which makes NO sense. I've put in an email request so I guess we'll see. :x

afredora

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:39 pm

This is the latest response I got:

"NBA channel is a HD channel and you need to have minimum 3.2 Mbps of internet download speed and also HDMI cable for streaming the contents.

"It will not work with Standard RCA cable.

"Please use the HDMI cable for connecting the Roku player to your TV so that you will be able to stream the NBA channel."