Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dellsweig
Topic Author

One More Time - AirPlay

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:20 am

Well - it seems some folks out in the Android wold have released an app for Google TV to allow Apples AirPlay protocol to stream from an iDevice to a GoogleTV.

http://modmyi.com/content/6401-ios-airp ... t-app.html

Is there some legal or technical issue preventing the same for our little purple boxes???
Going where the wind don't blow so strange

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: One More Time - AirPlay

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 am

If it was easy or cheap, some developer probably would have already done it...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

Eugenia

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 pm

There was a third party Airplay client for GoogleTV released yesterday. I bought it for $0.99. Maybe the Roku SDK does or does not allow these apps to happen, but in my opinion it's Roku itself that must add support for both UPnP/DLNA and AirPlay, and support more phone video formats too, not just desktop video formats.
Art: https://www.instagram.com/eugenia_loli/

dellsweig
Topic Author

Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:01 am

Eugenia wrote:
There was a third party Airplay client for GoogleTV released yesterday. I bought it for $0.99. Maybe the Roku SDK does or does not allow these apps to happen, but in my opinion it's Roku itself that must add support for both UPnP/DLNA and AirPlay, and support more phone video formats too, not just desktop video formats.

I fear if Roku does not adopt interoperability to the mobile world, it will be left out in the cold by the "rumored" Apple TV and GoogleTV. These two giants will be the only ones left standing....
Going where the wind don't blow so strange