Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Haek233391

Re: [Private Channel] What's On: TV & Movie Listings

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 am

I recently downloaded the channel (v 2.6/03). I too am unable to get to the channels list after typing in my zipcode. When I try to select my tv provider or go to the tv listings button I get the same error message:

"Could not find zc-provider-list"

This channel seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. I hope there's something that can be done about the issue. I'll check back in next week as it seems Belltown will be back by then.

Thank you!

dawnavon

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:39 pm

First, want to tell you THANK YOU!!! for creating this app, we love it.  

I'm having the same problem as others, joined the forum here to just get an update on your app, so I'm subscribed and waiting for you to fix this wonderful app!!  

Love it!!

eherberg

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:22 am

Since this happened right around the time that Zap2it changed their website - I'm guessing that What's On is scraping Zap2it for the listings?  Hopefully a correction can be made to the plugin.  If not - there are some TV station embedded listings I've found on their station sites that are using the 'old' interface.

Update:  If it helps. zap2xml has been updated to work with the new site changes.

belltown
Topic Author

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:03 pm

The What's On Channel TV listings should now be working again. No need to update the channel on your Roku; all the changes were made on the server-end.

However, you will have to go to the channel's Settings screen and re-enter your TV provider, then re-select any favorites you had previously selected.
https://github.com/belltown/

axis9313

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 am

Many thanks Belltown - I can verify that it is working on my end. 

lion7718

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am

thanks, working fine...no problems.
Roku Stick: 3600X
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)

eherberg

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:17 am

Question:  With the legacy SDK support ending (and being removed from the Roku OS later) - is 'Whats On' running on borrowed time?  Are you considering changing to SceneGraph?

belltown
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am

eherberg wrote:
With the legacy SDK support ending (and being removed from the Roku OS later) - is 'Whats On' running on borrowed time?

Yes.

eherberg wrote:
Are you considering changing to SceneGraph?

No.

I have no plans to re-write What's On using Scene Graph. If Roku goes ahead with its plan to remove the legacy visual screen components from the Roku OS on January 1, 2019, then the What's On channel, along with all other channels that use the legacy components that have not been converted to use Scene Graph, will no longer work.

HeMan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:09 pm

I got correct channel display today (OTA channel list in canada) with v2.6. By mistake, in settings, i have entered a canadian postal code for Quebec city and there is no OTA broadcast choice anymore, but only satellite provider (no cable provider neither) for my postal code (in previous version, it was possible to select OTA). Curiously, if i am going to zap2it channel site, i can still see OTA,cable and satellite provider choices. Is this broken in v2.6 of the app?

Because i selected unfortunatly one of the satellite provider and that i cannot return to OTA broadcast, i just lost the ability to see the channel listing :-(

Thanks

belltown
Topic Author

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 am

HeMan wrote:
I got correct channel display today (OTA channel list in canada) with v2.6. By mistake, in settings, i have entered a canadian postal code for Quebec city and there is no OTA broadcast choice anymore, but only satellite provider (no cable provider neither) for my postal code (in previous version, it was possible to select OTA). Curiously, if i am going to zap2it channel site, i can still see OTA,cable and satellite provider choices. Is this broken in v2.6 of the app?

Because i selected unfortunatly one of the satellite provider and that i cannot return to OTA broadcast, i just lost the ability to see the channel listing :-(

Thanks

What is the postal code you're using?

HeMan

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:01 pm

G1K3V7

Thanks

belltown
Topic Author

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:34 pm

HeMan wrote:

G1K3V7

Thanks

Try it now.

HeMan

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Yes now it works like it was in the past

Thanks a lot :)

dawnavon

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 pm

belltown wrote:
The What's On Channel TV listings should now be working again. No need to update the channel on your Roku; all the changes were made on the server-end.

However, you will have to go to the channel's Settings screen and re-enter your TV provider, then re-select any favorites you had previously selected.

Thank you!!!  I love the app!  Now I don't have to use my pc everytime I want to find out what's on.. ;)

xackley

Fri May 11, 2018 10:22 am

For the last few months I can see no movie listening. The theater's in the area are display but none display What's On.
Message is

Server Error
Could not find movie-showtimes
Please try again later.

TV Listing are working with no problem.

Thank you for your application, It has been very useful for many years.
Don