https://owner.roku.com/Add/WHATSONCHANNEL (This link no longer works.)
WHATSONCHANNEL displays TV and movie theater listings, showtimes and trailers, for a specified US zip code or Canadian post code:
- TV listings were temporarily unavailable for a few days, as the API they used was discontinued.
- TV listings have now been reinstated using a different method to acquire the program data.
- TV station logos are no longer displayed.
- Anyone using this channel before the upgrade to version 2.5 will have to re-select their TV provider, and set up their favorite channels again.
- Switch from the old single program format to a 3-hour grid by pressing the "*" key, or going to the Settings screen
- Using the new grid format:
* key - toggles between grid display and single-program display
> key - jumps forward 1 hour in the grid display (30 minutes in the single-program display)
< key - goes back 1 hour in the grid display (30 minutes in the single-program display)
>> (FF) key - jumps forward 3 hours in the grid display (1 hour in the single program display)
<< (REW) key - goes back 3 hours in the grid display (1 hour in the single program display)
>|| (Play/Pause) key - jumps to next Prime Time listing (currently 8 pm)
- There's a diagram of the key codes on the Help page under the Settings screen
- Initially the Splash screen shows the key code diagram; Press the OK key to never see that Splash screen again
- You can configure the number of channels displayed from the Settings screen (4 to 8 rows)
- The grid format shows program titles only. Switch to the single program format for more detailed program description
- The TV listings were not working for a few days due to changes in the TV listings source data. This has been fixed.
- The movie trailers would not always play due to the way Roku handles video from an "https" source. This has been fixed.
New features in Version 1.3:
- TV listings now allow you to define "Favorite" channels
New features in Version 1.2:
- TV listings 'Prime Time' button (>||) jumps forward a day at a time to next prime time listings (8 pm)
New features in Version 1.1:
- TV listings by zip code
- Movie (and TV) listings now accept Canadian post codes in addition to U.S. zip codes
- Now available in all Roku regions worldwide, so even though it only displays US and Canadian movies and TV show listings, you can access the listings from anywhere in the world
TV listings are displayed on a grid, which contains a user-configurable number of rows.
The font size varies with the number of rows, so you can choose between having a more readable display or more TV channels shown.
- Left and Right Keys (<) and (>) move through programs in 30 minute intervals
- Fast-Forward and Rewind Keys (<<) and (>>) move through programs in 60 minute intervals
- Up and Down Keys (^) and (v) move up and down through channels
- Play/Pause Key (>||) skips forward to the next "prime time" listing (8 pm local time)
- Select Key (OK) exits the TV listings screen
- See the Help option under Settings and select "TV Listings Key Codes" for info on how to use the remote keys
- To set up a favorite list, go to the Settings screen and select Change Favorite Channels
- Then select View/Edit Favorites to display a list of channels
- Press the Select Key (OK) to change a channel's favorite status
- Press the left (back) button "<" to exit the favorite setup screen
Movie Listings are displayed for a number of movie theaters located near your zip code.
Select a theater to see a list of movies and showtimes.
Select a movie to get movie details, showtimes and trailers.
Use the forward and back buttons (">" and "<") to navigate through the movie list.
Send a PM to belltown with any questions, problems, comments or suggestions.