Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ihope

Re: [Private Channel] What's On: TV & Movie Listings

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello,
Is there a reason/problem why the local movie listings is not working and has not worked for a year or more?

belltown
Topic Author

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:21 am

ihope wrote:
Hello,
Is there a reason/problem why the local movie listings is not working and has not worked for a year or more?

Yes. The web site from which the movie listings data is derived (something I have no control over) underwent a major change a year or two ago, which would require a major re-write of the movie listings code. Furthermore, the What's On channel was coded using Roku's legacy SDK. Roku have declared that they are dropping support for the legacy SDK, and that all channels will need to be re-written using the newer SDK. So even if I put in the work to update the movie listings code, the efforts would be futile if the channel ceased to work under the legacy SDK. I just don't have the time or the motivation to re-write the whole channel using the new SDK. The channel was created over 7 years ago, as a hobbyist project to learn Roku development, and for my own personal use in the days before I even owned a smartphone. I no longer use the channel, nor do I even use my Rokus, having switched to using the Amazon Fire TV a couple of years ago. I have no plans to do any further Roku channel development in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience.
https://github.com/belltown/

Paris mullins

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:56 pm

As. Of 07/04/19 this app/ channel don't work here in Tennessee it use to work great now all you can do is set your zip and that's it will not let me set the tv provider or check movies been like this for a while . Wish it was fixed it was must have channel for cord cutters with Roku set top boxes I have tried to set this channel up on different Rokus with different emails with no luck 07/04/19