Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Re: List of Starz content to be lost on Netflix

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:43 pm

ELMWOOD wrote:
They are leaving because Starz no longer has a contract with Netflix.

Netflix offered the dough but Starz said "we would like a special Netflix / Starz package. So people know the content comes from Starz." and Netflix was like "we don't work that way" and Starz said "Goodbye then."

You know because people somehow missed the Starz logo at the start of a Movie or TV show by them. :shock:

So Starz will either realize how much Netflix helped them and ask to renew later on or branch off with there own $8 streaming service.

Maybe with better quality encodes this time too.

Gilgamesh

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

A.J. wrote:
... IMO, Netflix can find better stuff out there than Starz provides.

Shoot. My dog can find "stuff" better than Starz while sniffing around in the field where he takes his runs.

In fact the "stuff" he leaves behind is better than most of the "stuff" on Starz.

This is no real loss to either Netflix or their customers. The only real looser is Starz as they loose both income and exposure.

Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
A.J. wrote:
... IMO, Netflix can find better stuff out there than Starz provides.

Shoot. My dog can find "stuff" better than Starz while sniffing around in the field where he takes his runs.

In fact the "stuff" he leaves behind is better than most of the "stuff" on Starz.

This is no real loss to either Netflix or their customers. The only real looser is Starz as they loose both income and exposure.

ZING! :D

SuetyStanes

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 am

Crow550 wrote:
ELMWOOD wrote:
They are leaving because Starz no longer has a contract with Netflix.

Netflix offered the dough but Starz said "we would like a special Netflix / Starz package. So people know the content comes from Starz." and Netflix was like "we don't work that way" and Starz said "Goodbye then."

You know because people somehow missed the Starz logo at the start of a Movie or TV show by them. :shock:

Or missed that it was a really crappy encode.

Sorry, I just had to throw that snark in there.

I do have to give a big thank you to Starz though for getting me to find out about the Roku. It was because of the horrible audio on their Netflix encodes that prompted me to find an alternative to watching Netflix streaming on my laptop.