Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cwniles

Re: anyone know what this "premium" channel is?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:58 pm

kc8pql wrote:
Humm...just checked his ebay listing again. Says he's sold 41 so far. At 25 bucks a pop he's $1000 to the good already. Not a bad return...

that is barely enough for a retainer should they ever have to consult with a lawyer :wink: seriously though, I am no hippie but dude, karma's a bitch and fleecing all those people is bound to catch up with them......well, one can hope at least
Roku 2 XS>HDMI>Denon AVR-361>HDMI>Samsung 2333HD
Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem DPC2100R2 >Dynex DX-E402 Router (no wifi)
USB>Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 1TB in dock.
Roku S/N 13A16H000141

Gilgamesh

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 pm

cwniles wrote:
that is barely enough for a retainer should they ever have to consult with a lawyer :wink: seriously though, I am no hippie but dude, karma's a bitch and fleecing all those people is bound to catch up with them......well, one can hope at least

Karma may be a bitch but I also remember this from Woody Allen:
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.

This seems to hold in a rather large subset of the population.

I highly doubt that he/she/it will experience any repercussions from his possibly fraudulent operation. In fact he/she/it will possibly move up to the big leagues and go into politics. There any sense of morals will only be a handicap.

stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
There any sense of morals will only be a handicap.

it's only that way in politics? :lol:

Gilgamesh

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

stratcat96 wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:
There any sense of morals will only be a handicap.

it's only that way in politics? :lol:

No. It seems to also be true in much of the business world not to mention the pharmaceuticals and much of the rest of the medical business and then there is the lawyers and ...

It seems in the current world a lack of morals is a near requirement to make real money.

mommom

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Probably selling the list of channels from Catastrophe Girl plus instructions to spoof an out of USA ISP for USATVNOW.

catastrophegirl

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:02 pm

mommom wrote:
Probably selling the list of channels from Catastrophe Girl plus instructions to spoof an out of USA ISP for USATVNOW.

hah! been through that mess already with someone else. but the instructions on how to get USTVNOW are already on my site. someone with a webscraper for roku channels told me that my posts index to google in about 8 minutes so if someone can't find instructions for USTVNOW by googling it, i'm going to have to say they deserve to get overcharged
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless

agmark

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:06 pm

catastrophegirl wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
You should add a PayPal link to your site for donations... You put a lot of time and effort into that, and I, as a channel developer, really appreciate it and would definitely donate.

good thing i'm not in it for the money. and thanks, i appreciate the thought. but there's already a donation link on the page that i'd prefer people use. i volunteer with a rescue for abandoned/feral cats. if people donated to me i'd just spend it on rescue kitty vet bills or feral spay/neuter costs anyway and if you use the link that's already there you get a tax deductible receipt. everyone likes a tax deductible receipt
on my to do list: make a roku channel of videos of kittens from the rescue. all kittens, all the time. there's got to be a market for that!

That's too funny. A few years ago, I sold a satellite system to a couple I know. They actually wanted 2 systems. One for their huge house and another for (you'll never guess)... the house they bought next door for their cats!!!. Animal planet 24/7! I kid you not, they bought the house next door just so they could keep most of their cats there. Previous to buying them a house, they lived in their 3 car garage with heat and air conditioning! We all have our priorities I guess :)

gmd024

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:20 pm

agmark wrote:
catastrophegirl wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
You should add a PayPal link to your site for donations... You put a lot of time and effort into that, and I, as a channel developer, really appreciate it and would definitely donate.

good thing i'm not in it for the money. and thanks, i appreciate the thought. but there's already a donation link on the page that i'd prefer people use. i volunteer with a rescue for abandoned/feral cats. if people donated to me i'd just spend it on rescue kitty vet bills or feral spay/neuter costs anyway and if you use the link that's already there you get a tax deductible receipt. everyone likes a tax deductible receipt
on my to do list: make a roku channel of videos of kittens from the rescue. all kittens, all the time. there's got to be a market for that!

That's too funny. A few years ago, I sold a satellite system to a couple I know. They actually wanted 2 systems. One for their huge house and another for (you'll never guess)... the house they bought next door for their cats!!!. Animal planet 24/7! I kid you not, they bought the house next door just so they could keep most of their cats there. Previous to buying them a house, they lived in their 3 car garage with heat and air conditioning! We all have our priorities I guess :)

Huh??

KennyJ

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:29 pm

DBDukes wrote:
tnt118 wrote:
I suppose the proper thing for me to do is to help keep the money in the hands of hard-working americas by offering the same private channel codes for.. lets say... $15 instead.

:D

You think that will work better than 7-Minute Abs did? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHVYuRnIjY

What if someone comes out with 6 minutes Abs?

Gilgamesh

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 pm

KennyJ wrote:

What if someone comes out with 6 minutes Abs?

Actually I prefer my abs slow cooked with a good sauce. Oh, and Fava beans and a nice Chianti. :twisted:

catastrophegirl

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:

Actually I prefer my abs slow cooked with a good sauce. Oh, and Fava beans and a nice Chianti. :twisted:

i think CHOW has a recipe for that on their roku channel
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless

crassh76

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:58 pm

catastrophegirl wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:

i think CHOW has a recipe for that on their roku channel

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roku Premiere
Roku Stick
and a bunch of original Rokus
Wifi 35 Mbps
Plume Pods
Philips 47" LCD 1080P
Roku to TV by HDMI for A/V
Eastern Time Zone (Florida zip code 34987)