Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mig2000
Topic Author

Roku 2 and Netflix issue

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 pm

I have Roku 2 and Apple TV. I have been watching Netflix on both units for a while. Suddenly, last Friday, Netflix stopped working on Roku 2. The error said it can not load and suggest to reset it using power off and on. No matter what I do I simply can not have it to play any movie. I can access the movie directory and information but CAN NOT play no movie.

The strange part is that if I use my computer or Apple TV device, I have no problem watching movie on netflix. So it has nothing to do with Netflix or my account as I have no issue with it at all. What is strange is that why it suddenly stopped working after I finished a movie on last Friday since we never did anything to it.

Any idea how to go about finding what id going on with the box?

Thanks

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Roku 2 and Netflix issue

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 pm

mig2000 wrote:
I have Roku 2 and Apple TV. I have been watching Netflix on both units for a while. Suddenly, last Friday, Netflix stopped working on Roku 2. The error said it can not load and suggest to reset it using power off and on. No matter what I do I simply can not have it to play any movie. I can access the movie directory and information but CAN NOT play no movie.

The strange part is that if I use my computer or Apple TV device, I have no problem watching movie on netflix. So it has nothing to do with Netflix or my account as I have no issue with it at all. What is strange is that why it suddenly stopped working after I finished a movie on last Friday since we never did anything to it.

Any idea how to go about finding what id going on with the box?

Thanks

Your AppleTV, Roku and Computer all use different streams from Netflix, likely different servers and possibly in different places. One or more can work fine, while another has problems. It's possible, though, that there's' another problem. I'd try removing and re-adding the Netflix channel, and possibly trying a hard reset (hold down the small reset button for 30+ seconds while the unit is on and plugged in). If that doesn't fix it, come back here - hopefully one of the forum folks has other suggestions.

SuetyStanes

Re: Roku 2 and Netflix issue

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:38 pm

mig2000 wrote:

Sorry, but I have to ask this. Does this: "No matter what I do" include unplugging the Roku and rebooting it that way?