Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

SuetyStanes

Re: More On Consumer Education

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:56 am

gonzotek wrote:
I see at least one other issue that must be overcome: Since Roku is going world-wide, they'll eventually need to re-create the videos in the native languages of non-english-speaking countries (and canada would require french, wouldn't it?).

They could just add subtitles, which wouldn't be too bad. They'd have to do it for the videos on their support site if they want to reach that audience anyway.

JimDandySTX

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Most Europeans, speak English. English has become the universal language. It is the lowest common denominator so to speak.

English isn't as common in Asia, but many educated Asians can get by in English.

Once the Chinese take over the world who know we all may have to learn Mandarin.

RickRansom

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:09 pm

SCOREtv.TV wrote:
gonzotek wrote:
TiVo comes pre-packaged with some short how-to videos stored on the drive. They're not the height of entertainment genius, but they're watchable. Roku could even add some personal touches to the videos that could give users the 'warm and fuzzy' feelings that could turn them into loyal Roku fans.

:idea: I'm working on those, except mine are going to be a bit provocative. :oops:

Now that I have to see. :mrgreen:
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games