Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

herno74
Topic Author

JustinTV wishes

Thu May 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Really like this channel, but.......

1. Why so many Hispanic channels?? Wish their was a way to categorize English/Spanish channels. Hard to weed through them!!
2. The feeds online look so much better, but why not on Roku? Surely we can up the quality here?
3. Favorites don't always save. It's a pain to go through the ENTIRE list again to find that special channel you spent hours to initially find!
4. Stability. Some channels drop within minutes of streaming and you have to exit the channel entirely and go back in to re-initialize the stream, arrgh! :evil:

Anyway, those are my wants. Anyone out there listening??

mommom

Re: JustinTV wishes

Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 pm

The channels don't save because the broadcasters often make tiny changes in the address to keep it on the air,I believe.

crassh76

Thu May 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Go into settings and choose "English". :P
Roku Premiere
Roku Stick
and a bunch of original Rokus
Wifi 35 Mbps
Plume Pods
Philips 47" LCD 1080P
Roku to TV by HDMI for A/V
Eastern Time Zone (Florida zip code 34987)

Buckeye911

Thu May 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Have there been any video improvements on this channel lately? I gave up on it long ago because of the horrible picture quality.

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 pm

I seem to remember that the only compatible streams are those for iPhones, which are at a much lower quality than the ones available on the website.

kc8pql

Fri May 25, 2012 5:15 am

^ +1
There was some talk from JTV about making better streams available for Roku, but nothing ever came of it.
So...basically, it is what it is...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

TheEndless

Fri May 25, 2012 6:37 am

They started offering HD streams for a lot of the gaming channels, but the majority of the streams didn't improve. They have to be re-encoded for playback on the iOS devices and the Roku, which eats up both additional bandwidth and processor on their servers, which I imagine is why they went with the lower quality. They started charging for the iPhone and iPad apps( $4.99 and $9.99, respectively, I believe), which wasn't possible on the Roku back when I discussed making the channel official with them. They were initially very interested, but eventually changed their mind, and I suspect that had something to do with it. I may try to approach them again now that it is possible to charge for the app...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

krisbee

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:55 am

Some feeds are high quality if they are being broadcast in h264, but most aren't so they are re-encoded at the iphone quality setting (basically sub-VHS video)... however I have seen DVD-like quality on JustinTV, so it is possible. Via the website, of course, you can view the native resolution so it often looks fine, but the Roku basically only does h264 and some .wmv, so you have less options.

I have seen some of the weirdest things on this channel - watched a girl get high one night, another just sulk in her room, a 60+ year old gripe about Mexicans, a guy play speed chess, a concert in a London pub, not to mention the Simpsons dubbed in spanish...

If you ever want to see a high quality feed just to prove it - Frank Taylor's Lifecam Livingroom #2 is always a high quality feed - the main camera depends, but this feed of his living room is always clear.