Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mkiker2089

Re: Netflix and other streaming issues.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm

The feet are too short to allow thermodynamic air flow. You need room for a layer of cool air to force the warm air up. My roku runs at about 105 but never gets warm to the touch. The xs has it's heat sink on top though if I remember right. It also has a rubber ring instead of feet so there would be no air flow. That ring would just increase the heat by sealing it in.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.

Melocco
Topic Author

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 pm

My xs didn't get hot.. That's why I was asking.. I flipped it over so its upside down and it doesn't seem to get as hot.. I guess you get what you pay for.. It seems to be running good now that I flipped it over.. It doesn't lock up like it did the other way.. I guess I need to bite the buliet and get another XS.

dsedwards01

Save Me from the Purple Screen!!!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 am

Hello,

I received a Roku XD for Christmas and I love this player... when it works. You see the Roku works just fine from the hours of 6am PST to around 10:45pm PST everyday. Then if I want to watch anything channel on my Roku after those hours, I get the purple screen. This is when the menus look and function properly and the audio sounds great. The problem is the video content only displays a solid purple screen. I have checked with the settings to make sure nothing is being changed or adjusted from the time it works to the time it fails. I don't understand how this Roku just stops working during specific hours. It's like it has parental controls that doesn't allow me to watch during certain hours.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? My internet is constant (cable connection with no interruptions) and I live alone so no one messes with the Roku other than me. The cables aren't the problem as the Roku is always connected and the video only works during certain hours of the day. I just want to watch my programs when I have time to watch. I don't want to only have access during certain hours of the day. This is very FRUSTRATING!!! HELP!!!!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

David the FRUSTRATED Roku owner

krisbee

Re: Save Me from the Purple Screen!!!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:10 am

dsedwards01 wrote:
Hello,
Can anyone offer any suggestions? My internet is constant (cable connection with no interruptions) and I live alone so no one messes with the Roku other than me. The cables aren't the problem as the Roku is always connected and the video only works during certain hours of the day. I just want to watch my programs when I have time to watch. I don't want to only have access during certain hours of the day. This is very FRUSTRATING!!! HELP!!!!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

David the FRUSTRATED Roku owner

Try doing a factory reset?

Melocco
Topic Author

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 am

Yes, do a factory reset. I know it's a pain to set everything back up.. But I have had one of mine that did that.. Not during certian hours, but it did seem more at night if I recall... But doing a factory reset, then checking for updates should help..

__5
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 pm