Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

danat275

Re: Put.io native streaming

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 pm

is everyone else still having problems out of puke io??i can never watch anything on the channel,it's still slow to buffer,and when something finally does play,it keeps re buffering on me.

Desert Dingo

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 am

Re: danat275

I was ready to post same thing, (again) over the weekend.

Went on Put.io, (just now) and find message: 'Sorry for slow downloads'. Storage servers problem. Our ISP needs to install 'new cable', which will take several days. We hope to resolve quickly.

Would expected Darrell Turner, pres. Puke.io to maybe keep us informed a bit better on this subject, since it started couple months ago, (Puke.io mentioned in forum, they might have a fix). But Puke.io site seems to be very slow in any activity of new developments/additions. Hope they are still carrying on with project. I understand 'time' for a new site is always needed.

For last 2 yrs, Put.io has had many problems, most corrected, some not. They are always courteous and return inquiry answers. But it does get to be annoying if you cannot use a 'paid' service.

I will see if this problem is corrected, and make a decision.

fanisp

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 am

Hello guys!

Great app. To be able to see the files right on the TV is amazing.

I am running into an issue thought. Every time I logged in to the up I have to link my account again using the web code. Does anyone have the same issue?

Lastly are subtitles going to be incorporated at some point?

Thank you all

F.

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:59 am

fanisp wrote:
Hello guys!

I am running into an issue thought. Every time I logged in to the up I have to link my account again using the web code. Does anyone have the same issue?

Lastly are subtitles going to be incorporated at some point?

Thank you all

F.

Please vote on the uservoice for the subtitles. If I get time to work on this I usually just look at the user voice and do the one on top. I think next on the list is resuming at the last playing position.

I have heard about the link issue, but only through one other person that may have been reporting your issue. What ROKU hardware are you using?

fanisp

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 am

I am using the roku 3, the new one and every time I quit the app and log back in I have to input a new code.

subs will be amazing. where do i vote again?

thank you for creating such a great product!

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 am

http://puke.uservoice.com/forums/192243-general

I just got a Roku 3 today and will be testing it tonight. If I can reproduce it, I will certainly fix it.

Darrell

fanisp

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 pm

sounds good. keep me posted Darell :)

subtitles please:))

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Hmm, my new Roku 3 doesn't ask for linking every time. I also unlinked it in Settings, and it required one link, but only one. Is there anything else you can think of to try and reproduce it? Are you out of disk space on your Roku? The token is a small file, but if it fails to write it, then you'd be stuck doing this every time.

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:55 pm

OK I made a little menu to help debug. Please go into the settings menu and give me the device Id shown.

fanisp

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:08 pm

i just tried it a couple times and it's not asking for the code anymore.last night every time i was going back and forth into another app, i had to inmput a new code... not sure what change:/

fanisp

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:13 am

ok I have another issue. downloaded a mkv concert. quality amazing but sound won't play through the roku. any ideas?

wersus

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:17 am

Is this channel still going to be updated? I love it already but with subtitle and resume features it would be absolutely perfect.
Thanks for great work!

crassh76

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:28 am

wersus wrote:
Is this channel still going to be updated? I love it already but with subtitle and resume features it would be absolutely perfect.
Thanks for great work!

I got an IM from Put.io a few weeks ago and they are actually working on a Roku channel that has subtitles. It is being tested now. They didn't mention anything about a resume option tho, which I agree would be nice.
Roku 3
Roku LT
and a bunch of original Rokus
Wifi 30 Mbps
Linksys EA6100
Philips 47" LCD 1080P
Roku to TV by HDMI for A/V
Eastern Time Zone (Florida zip code 34987)

wersus

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:07 pm

crassh76 wrote:
wersus wrote:
Thanks for great work!

I got an IM from Put.io a few weeks ago and they are actually working on a Roku channel that has subtitles. It is being tested now. They didn't mention anything about a resume option tho, which I agree would be nice.

Great news. After this my Roku will be perfect and I can abandon my PC and Plex :). I hope that new app does it "automatically" like put.io web interface.
Thanks alot for the heads up!

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:21 am

Puke.io 1.5 is up! I've added subtitle support. Just make sure you have a .srt file in the same folder as the video file and it will show you a "Play w/ subtitles" option. You should get the channel within 24 hours, or immediately if you force an update.