Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

scott40272

Re: Put.io native streaming

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:25 pm

I just joined and am getting the same thing. After linking my account on my Roku 2 XS unit, all I see is "Settings." When I click on that option, "unlink." I was under the impression that I would see the nice A-Z list of shows to add to my queue. Unfortunately, the Nok Nok channel is still down, so I have nothing to compare it with. I did d/l the put.io plugin on the Plex media server that I installed on my PC in the basement, but same thing when I try to connect there.

Any ideas/tips gang?

crassh76

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Put.io is a cloud service. Puke.io is a place to play your files once you load them to Put.io. It is up to you where you get the files from.
Roku 3
Roku LT
and a bunch of original Rokus
Wifi 30 Mbps
Linksys EA6100
Philips 47" LCD 1080P
Roku to TV by HDMI for A/V
Eastern Time Zone (Florida zip code 34987)

scott40272

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 am

Thanks man,

I figured it out. I have never dabbled into using cloud to stream torrents. I figured it out. I found several really good torrent websites and was able to download all of The Walking Dead Season 3 on my put.io account online, and once it was transferred over I simply went into my puke.io channel on my Roku box and there they were! And all in HD...nice! I get the gist of it now. Thanks for the tip.

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with constant re-buffering, esp. on the weekends?

Darrell

crassh76

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:21 pm

DTTerastar wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with constant re-buffering, esp. on the weekends?

Darrell

Yes. It is a constant problem.
Roku 3
Roku LT
Wifi 30 Mbps
Linksys EA6100
Philips 47" LCD 1080P

danat275

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:18 pm

i thought i was the only one with this issue lol,movies and tv shows constantly rebuffers for me,and most the time when im watching something,it suddenly shuts off,so i have to restart and FF to where i left off

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:45 am

I think it's growing pains from put.io. I am looking into a local caching app to make it not so horrible tho.

Desert Dingo

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am

It has been a good move forward to Puke.io. And with this latest improvement last week of stopping the re-buffer/re-loading problem was really nice...but was back again last night. I will be checking out some more files today, (and will note any changes).

Darrell: I hope you are right about maybe Put.io has some 'growing pains'...but have my doubts...i've been using them for 2yrs, (in conjunction with that other. now defunct platform, the one we cannot mention). For me, Put.io has always had numerous problems, (some they solve, others not so much). They always get back to you, always courtesous.

The more you can 'correct' and improve your site, will be welcome. Thanks.

marzyc

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:10 pm

Hm, love the idea of this but can't seem to get past the initial screen. Won't let me login or anything. On a roku 2 xs here.

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry, I broke something, but it should be fixed now. Please tell me if you are still having issues.

crassh76

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:21 pm

I spoke with one of the Mods at Put.io. They are getting a little big for their britches. One suggestion they made to me was to go to Put.io, Your Account and then click on Speed Test and do a speed check. The server I was connected to was at 550 KB/s (Delaware) and I swtched Atlanta which has 687 KB/s. Another thing I have done is pause the file for a few minutes after play begins. It seems to help.....a little. I have had things stuck in my queue and not converting to MP4. They said they are working on it.
Roku 3
Roku LT
Wifi 30 Mbps
Linksys EA6100
Philips 47" LCD 1080P

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Desert Dingo wrote:
It has been a good move forward to Puke.io. And with this latest improvement last week of stopping the re-buffer/re-loading problem was really nice...but was back again last night. I will be checking out some more files today, (and will note any changes).

Darrell: I hope you are right about maybe Put.io has some 'growing pains'...but have my doubts...i've been using them for 2yrs, (in conjunction with that other. now defunct platform, the one we cannot mention). For me, Put.io has always had numerous problems, (some they solve, others not so much). They always get back to you, always courtesous.

The more you can 'correct' and improve your site, will be welcome. Thanks.

Today and yesterday it seems to be working great without much buffering. I didn't change anything...

DTTerastar
Topic Author

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 pm

crassh76 wrote:
I spoke with one of the Mods at Put.io. They are getting a little big for their britches. One suggestion they made to me was to go to Put.io, Your Account and then click on Speed Test and do a speed check. The server I was connected to was at 550 KB/s (Delaware) and I swtched Atlanta which has 687 KB/s. Another thing I have done is pause the file for a few minutes after play begins. It seems to help.....a little. I have had things stuck in my queue and not converting to MP4. They said they are working on it.

Yeah fiddling with that setting helps sometimes, but overall when lots of people are using put.io right now (weekends) it's a bit slower than normal. I hope the new subscribers will allow them to get some more servers...

danat275

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:38 pm

i dug out my old roku 1 hd,and it still had the nok nok channel with my put io account on it,and i installed puke io on the same roku and linked my put io account to it,and i did a test,and the put io on the nok nok channel loaded movies faster and ran all the way through,while the puke io's put io channel struggled to load the same movie and kept re buffering every minute or so,im thinking the puke io channel needs to be tweaked to load movies faster and be more stable while movies are playing.

crassh76

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 pm

By the way....I still love the channel. It is so nice being able to go right to your files instead of jumping hoops to get to them. Being able to erase files without going to the computer is great. I add most of my files from my phone so I hardly ever have to use my computer. Keep up the great work and thank you for making this channel. 8)
Roku 3
Roku LT
Wifi 30 Mbps
Linksys EA6100
Philips 47" LCD 1080P