Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mikeyts

Re: Turn off "Press OK to Continue" prompt.

Sat May 04, 2013 10:04 pm

ichunes wrote:
Netflix Channel version 3.1 build 6005

Your box has the same system firmware (5.0 b7070) and Netflix build as mine and I've never seen what you describe. We really need a picture of it.

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Sun May 05, 2013 2:46 am

mikeyts wrote:
ichunes wrote:
Netflix Channel version 3.1 build 6005

Your box has the same system firmware (5.0 b7070) and Netflix build as mine and I've never seen what you describe. We really need a picture of it.

Please. I don't care about the quality of the picture, but I need to see it to figure out wherein the issue lies.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

Rock2018

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Yes netflix does ask if you are still watching on all roku versions I have had the plus the plus express the 1,2,and 3 and at this time there isn't an extension to fix that problem. Roku needs to work with netflix on that because most devices have fixed it. 

Saymyname

Re: Continue Watching - Turn off "Press OK to Continue" prompt.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi all sorry I'm 6 years late to this thread, I would just like to add that while using my PS4 I do not get any prompts asking me if I'm still there... However if I was to go on Netflix via the Roku I get a prompt if I'm still watching.

It's just Roku collecting information who is active and who is not, they can gather if you like something if they prompt you and have a time stamp... For example if your really enjoying a show and you get interrupted you almost instantly try to resume...

They use this information and sell it on.... Roku can you do us all a favour [content removed per Community Guidelines].

atc98092

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Saymyname wrote:
Hi all sorry I'm 6 years late to this thread, I would just like to add that while using my PS4 I do not get any prompts asking me if I'm still there... However if I was to go on Netflix via the Roku I get a prompt if I'm still watching.

It's just Roku collecting information who is active and who is not, they can gather if you like something if they prompt you and have a time stamp... For example if your really enjoying a show and you get interrupted you almost instantly try to resume...

They use this information and sell it on.... Roku can you do us all a favour and

It has nothing to do with Roku collecting anything. It's all within the Netflix app. The fact they didn't put it in their PS4 app means nothing, and apps on different platforms often work differently. I have an app on my iPhone and my Android phone that should be identical in functionality, but they are vastly different. Different programmers have different ideas. 
And knock off the swearing or you'll get an immediate ban from the admins. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:39 pm

atc98092 wrote:
Saymyname wrote:

They use this information and sell it on.... Roku can you do us all a favour and

It has nothing to do with Roku collecting anything. It's all within the Netflix app. The fact they didn't put it in their PS4 app means nothing, and apps on different platforms often work differently. I have an app on my iPhone and my Android phone that should be identical in functionality, but they are vastly different. Different programmers have different ideas. 
And knock off the swearing or you'll get an immediate ban from the admins. 

Untrue. It's on PS4, Shield and other streaming platforms. I think this poster is a bot troll. Also, if not, please post the proof and source for the information you are posting. Otherwise, just another troll posting BS.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

RokuDanny-R

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:46 am

Please see Forum Guidelines for posting: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=38665

Locking this old thread. 

Thanks,
Danny
Roku Forum Moderator