Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ichunes
Topic Author

Re: Turn off "Press OK to Continue" prompt.

Fri May 03, 2013 2:10 pm

mikeyts wrote:
ichunes wrote:
mikeyts wrote:
Netflix has that feature on other devices but not Roku. Are you sure that you're watching Netflix on your Roku when you see it?

Yes I am positive it is netflix. The prompt occurred during my monster madmen sessions. Maybe this prompt is only on the netflix app on roku 3.

Definitely not on mine. I've never seen it and most of what I watch on Netflix are television series episodes. Could you try to get a picture of it to post?

The next time it happens, I will take a picture of it and post it. Weird that I have never seen the prompt on any of my other streaming boxes.

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm

ichunes wrote:
Netflix does have this feature. Do you have Roku 3? Maybe this feature is only enabled on the Roku 3 version of the neflix app. This is definitely not a prompt that my tv is throwing up. It is coming from the Roku.

Yes, I have a Roku 3. It doesn't do this on either it nor the HD I have, and never has done it. I'd definitely be interested in seeing a screenshot, because if it IS on the Roku, then that is news to me.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Fri May 03, 2013 2:22 pm

ichunes wrote:
The next time it happens, I will take a picture of it and post it. Weird that I have never seen the prompt on any of my other streaming boxes.
Also weird that no one else with a Roku has seen it. I'm not calling you a liar, perhaps your box is in some kind of random test Netflix is doing? They're known to do things like that on other systems. I ordered a Roku3 about twenty minutes after the website went live with it, and haven't seen this on the 3 in the bedroom or the 2 in the living room. Can you check the Netflix channel version and Roku software version? To get the channel version: Go to the home screen, then press the following sequence on the remote (try to do it with about a 1/2 second between each press): Home, Home, Home, Up, Up, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left
You can get the Roku firmware version from settings.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com

Gilgamesh

Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 pm

There are a couple of ways the might be actually happening that does not involve either not actually using a Roku or deceit in some form:

1. The OP could be using Roku in the UK and the UK Netflix app has that feature.
2. The OP is accessing Netflix through some other app like Playon or Plex (I don't know if Plex has a Netflix app)

I, also, have never seen anything like a "Play all," Auto play next," or anything like that on my Rokus in Netflix. I have a Roku 1, Roku 2, and a Roku 3.

I doubt very much that a random person would have been selected, without their knowledge, to test such a feature. On ALL my Rokus and on all the Rokus of people I know in order to play the next episode of a series you must actually choose to play it.

jellybean7

Fri May 03, 2013 4:19 pm

ichunes wrote:
meandme wrote:
I have never saw it happen on netflix. Did you have like a playlist or something setup where it played 1 movie right after another or something? Longer than like 2 hours or whatever?

No playlist. I am just watching episodes of certain shows in order. The prompt usually comes up after a couple of hours and right in the middle of a program. That is the most annoying part.

I have never seen this either, but that would certainly annoy the flower out of me.

However, I'm not quite sure what you mean here. You mention that it occurs "after a couple of hours" but mentioned that you were watching a marathon of madmen. Each episode of that show is only 44 minutes, so you would be interacting with the box at least every 44 minutes. So where does the couple of hours come in?

trekkeriii

Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Netflix doesn't have Continuous Play on Roku, yet, does it? That's what is confusing me about the OP. I thought only Hulu and Plex had continuous play on Roku, and then maybe some smaller channels.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

dwanthny

Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm

What the OP describes is exactly what happens if you watch via a computer. A few minutes into the third show it will pop up a prompt to continue.

I've never seen it on the Roku.

mikeyts

Fri May 03, 2013 8:06 pm

dwanthny wrote:
What the OP describes is exactly what happens if you watch via a computer. A few minutes into the third show it will pop up a prompt to continue.

Really? I think that on other boxes that I have (BD players, PS3, TiVo, WD TV Live) it will pause until you say continue before it plays a fourth episode, not after it's started playing.

ichunes
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

jellybean7 wrote:
ichunes wrote:
meandme wrote:
I have never saw it happen on netflix. Did you have like a playlist or something setup where it played 1 movie right after another or something? Longer than like 2 hours or whatever?

No playlist. I am just watching episodes of certain shows in order. The prompt usually comes up after a couple of hours and right in the middle of a program. That is the most annoying part.

I have never seen this either, but that would certainly annoy the flower out of me.

However, I'm not quite sure what you mean here. You mention that it occurs "after a couple of hours" but mentioned that you were watching a marathon of madmen. Each episode of that show is only 44 minutes, so you would be interacting with the box at least every 44 minutes. So where does the couple of hours come in?

Sometimes I watch movies in netflix as well as well as episodes. It does not matter what I watch - the prompt will appear after a while telling me to press ok to continue. I will watch a bunch tomorrow and post a screen shot.
ichunes

ichunes
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2013 9:31 pm

trekkeriii wrote:
Netflix doesn't have Continuous Play on Roku, yet, does it? That's what is confusing me about the OP. I thought only Hulu and Plex had continuous play on Roku, and then maybe some smaller channels.

You are right Netflix does not have continuous play. After several hours of watching, the stupid prompt comes up telling me to press ok.

mkiker2089

Fri May 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Shawn and I both have Roku 3 and no, that isn't in the Netflix UI for Roku nor should it appear during a show. there is something seriously wrong in your case if you are seeing it on a Roku 3.

I've seen this prompt on the PS3 when I let the autoplay run for an hour or two.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.

Gilgamesh

Sat May 04, 2013 4:48 am

To the OP: Please tell us where you are and exactly how you access Netflix.

gonzotek

Sat May 04, 2013 5:57 am

Gilgamesh wrote:

And channel/firmware version information (asked for already).
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com

ichunes
Topic Author

Sat May 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:

I am in the US. I access netflix through the netflix channel app. The software version of my roku 3 is version 5.0 build 7070.

ichunes
Topic Author

Sat May 04, 2013 9:01 pm

gonzotek wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:

And channel/firmware version information (asked for already).

Netflix Channel version 3.1 build 6005