Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

davidncasie
Topic Author

Roku 3 quit working

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 pm

We had a thunderstorm last night, power flickered on and off, but never went completely off. This morning we have not been able to get the Roku to play. Both the TV and Roku are plugged into surge protectors, the tv and everything else are working without any problems. I have tried unplugging and plugging everything in, and have even tried the reset button on the back. Lights flash on the roku, so power is getting to it, just no connection to shows up on our tv. I have tried different HDMI cables and different inputs on our tv as well to make sure its not a problem with the HDMI ports or wire. Any suggestions?

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Re: Roku 3 quit working

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Try a different TV if you can first. Then you'll want to try a power supply (it may be supplying enough power to juice the lights, just not the audio/video). If none of that works, we may be looking at a fried unit.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

davidncasie
Topic Author

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks! I finally got it working.

wingrider

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:51 am

Good glad you got it working my 2-XS has had its eggs scrambled a couple of times during lighting storms (before I could get it unplugged) but has always recovered after a reboot.

davidncasie
Topic Author

Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 am

So am I! Glad to hear yours has always recovered after a reboot. Was really hoping I hadn't fried it - was such a relief once I got it working again!