Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

AdrianJam
Topic Author

Different Channels for 2 Roku's

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:31 am

Hi,.. I have two Roku's... One at home and one at Work..
Problem is I don't want the Channels I have at home to show up at work and I don't want the channels I have at work to show up at home.

How can I fix this issue ? other than setting up two different Roku Accounts ??

:o :o :o

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Different Channels for 2 Roku's

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 am

Two accounts is the only solution.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

AdrianJam
Topic Author

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:35 am

kc8pql wrote:
Two accounts is the only solution.

Damnnnn :oops:

knuckle

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:56 am

note that is only two roku accounts ( set one up under a different email) if you have a subscription ( netflix hulu etc) you do not have to pay twice just log in to those channels with their respective credentials -- the only bummer being if you have games/channels bought through roku directly -- those will require you rebuy them
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T

AdrianJam
Topic Author

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:23 am

knuckle wrote:
note that is only two roku accounts ( set one up under a different email) if you have a subscription ( netflix hulu etc) you do not have to pay twice just log in to those channels with their respective credentials -- the only bummer being if you have games/channels bought through roku directly -- those will require you rebuy them

Problem is I Don't think I will be able to use my Existing Credit Card on another account..

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:25 am

AdrianJam wrote:
knuckle wrote:

Problem is I Don't think I will be able to use my Existing Credit Card on another account..

I'm pretty sure you can.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

Elijah_Baley

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:36 am

RokuShawnS wrote:
AdrianJam wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can.

C. Shawn Smith

i can verify that you can. My payment info is used on my account, my daughters and a friend's.

But there are a couple more that I helped set up using that same info but then removed the info after setup. Per instructions I found here that once removed the info is truly gone. Apparently there is no crosscheck of payment info during setup.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

catastrophegirl

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 pm

AdrianJam wrote:
knuckle wrote:

how about paypal? i set up 2 roku accounts for me, one for my sister and one for a friend and used my paypal info to complete the setup (i removed the payment method from the other peoples' accounts after setup) but i didn't get any errors during setup
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless