Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

swirlibra

Re: lego movie theme

Tue May 20, 2014 2:27 pm

I would love for it to be made as an option to keep too!!!

shadoecat

Tue May 20, 2014 2:37 pm

I didn't know what it was about at first. All I knew was, 'Hmm, legos.' I figured it out after I saw the ad. I like it though, it's colorful.

br14n

Tue May 20, 2014 3:25 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
The theme is seasonal. Let us know what you think and whether you’d like to keep it.

C. Shawn Smith

Keep it! So awesome! :D

vivalavisca

Tue May 20, 2014 6:05 pm

I currently work for Lego Group. I love this theme so much. Please let me keep it. I am willing to pay for it. Let me know who I need to contact.

vivalavisca

Tue May 20, 2014 6:15 pm

I just contacted Roku, letting them know how much I love this theme, and wish to keep it and they simply hung up on me.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Tue May 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Your post here is a direct contact with Roku. You probably called the Indian support line. They wouldn't have the vaguest idea what you're talking about.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

BradC

Tue May 20, 2014 6:54 pm

kc8pql wrote:
You probably called the support line. They wouldn't have the vaguest idea what you're talking about.

hello.

Hi. I love legos. Please don't take them away!!!

um.... ok.

*click.*
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Tue May 20, 2014 7:32 pm

RevLouM wrote:
While I thought that the various "holiday" themes were..."cute"...I didn't even know what this theme was about. it hurt my eyes, for cryin' out loud!

I don't have small children in the house. When I did, "Legos" meant nothing to me but pain in my foot. I would wager that I'm not the ONLY person that could have survived quite nicely without the unasked for switcheroo. Look, I've got nothing against marketing, per se, but....really?

Even without kids in my house AND even though I was terrible at putting Legos together as a kid, I always liked them.. and I like the look of this theme.. A lot.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

dwanthny

Tue May 20, 2014 8:08 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
The theme is seasonal. Let us know what you think and whether you’d like to keep it.
dssonic wrote:
I think all the seasonal themes should be made available permanently after they are released. There are too few themes available by default (Five if I remember correctly, and two are nearly identical shades of drab grey).

I like it and think it should remain as an option.

I also agree with dssonic, allow all season themes to remain a choice after initially released.

C13L0

Tue May 20, 2014 9:11 pm

+1 for keeping the lego theme as a permanent option. You can also tweet @RokuPlayer to let them know you would like to keep the new theme.

RAMUSE1970

Wed May 21, 2014 12:18 am

The Lego theme is okay for the promo of the Lego movie, but not for a permanent theme!

belltown

Wed May 21, 2014 12:55 am

mikebdoss wrote:
RevLouM wrote:
While I thought that the various "holiday" themes were..."cute"...I didn't even know what this theme was about. it hurt my eyes, for cryin' out loud!

I don't have small children in the house. When I did, "Legos" meant nothing to me but pain in my foot. I would wager that I'm not the ONLY person that could have survived quite nicely without the unasked for switcheroo. Look, I've got nothing against marketing, per se, but....really?

Pretty sure if you choose one of the non-default themes, you won't get the seasonal changes. Though this one is advertising-related (tied to the on-sale release of The Lego Movie on Amazon), so I'm not sure.

Glad to know you can turn this stuff off, which I just did, going back to the default Roku theme. It's not that I have a problem with "themes" in general, but whoever has been designing these themes lately needs to go back and re-read the 'Design Guidelines' document in the Roku SDK docs. "Cool colors (blues, purples, and grays) tend to perform better and have less bleeding on TVs than warm colors (reds, oranges, and yellows).", for example. The bright red in the latest theme bled so much on my TV that I couldn't read any of the characters in the top right-hand corner of the screen (time and "Options"). I had the same problems with one of the other themes they had recently. The default theme works just fine for me.
https://github.com/belltown/

sharpedge

Wed May 21, 2014 7:01 am

+1 for for option to keep the lego theme, we love it!

dwanthny

Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 am

RAMUSE1970 wrote:
The Lego theme is okay for the promo of the Lego movie, but not for a permanent theme!

There are multiple permanent themes. Why would anyone oppose this theme being added to that list of optional themes? You don't need to choose it.

Garp

Wed May 21, 2014 7:49 am

The theme choices are pretty humdrum. Add me to the 'Keep the Lego theme' camp.