Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ukeye
Topic Author

How do I change from US to UK version

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:21 am

Hi I have a Roku 3 device that was brought for me by a friend while out in the US. I would like to turn it in to a UK device in order that I can watch the BBCiPlayer and Netflix in the UK (the US content is of no use as I live in the UK.) Can you please tell me how I can do this...? Happy to install new firmware or follow detailed instructions as I work in IT. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. :)

ACraigo

Re: How do I change from US to UK version

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:31 am

http://support.roku.co.uk/entries/20826 ... ct-Support

I have heard that these guys can reset your US player to UK.

Here is another thread that seemed to hit pay dirt: viewtopic.php?p=401331

Specifically:

RokuShawnS wrote:
TheEndless wrote:
I think, if you unlink the box from your US account, create a new Roku UK account, then link the box to that, it should switch to the UK firmware. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that being the suggestion from RokuShawnS in a similar situation not too long ago.

That should be what happens.

@OP: If it doesn't work, contact CS and they can help you get it setup.

C. Shawn Smith
Tony
Roku 2 HD
www.youtube.com/user/TheFishMojo

sharpedge

Re: How do I change from US to UK version

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:54 pm

1) Do a factory reset on the box (hold down the reset button for 10+ seconds) - assuming the box was already used in the US, if not then skip this step.
2) Create a Roku account from the UK at roku.com.
3) Plugin the Roku box and go through the set-up process, once it's linked to your UK account it will install the appropriate firmware.

When you link it to your UK account it will by default install some but not all the UK specific channels, but you can go into the channel store and install any others you want.