Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

belltown

Re: So Long, Justin.tv

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:50 am

mikebdoss wrote:
That's all fine and good. I also know how the internet works. But can you cite me a single instance of a streamer being charged or sued in civil court for streaming something that someone else was sharing?

Napster?? I just watched the movie Downloaded the other day on Netflix. Interesting look back at how Napster started and got into trouble over music their users were sharing.
https://github.com/belltown/

Elijah_Baley

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 am

Countdown to lock (WAY off topic and ultimately useless) 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 am

kc8pql wrote:
^ I've been driving since 1966. I've never had a speeding ticket. It's not that I don't drive faster than the speed limit occasionally,
I've just never been caught. That doesn't make speeding legal though. I am breaking the law when I do it.

But you can point to many, many other people who HAVE gotten speeding tickets.

mikebdoss

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:58 am

belltown wrote:
mikebdoss wrote:
That's all fine and good. I also know how the internet works. But can you cite me a single instance of a streamer being charged or sued in civil court for streaming something that someone else was sharing?

Napster?? I just watched the movie Downloaded the other day on Netflix. Interesting look back at how Napster started and got into trouble over music their users were sharing.

It was (almost?) entirely the people sharing who got in trouble, not the downloaders. And we're talking about streaming, not downloading, anyway.

kc8pql

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:58 am

Elijah_Baley wrote:
Countdown to lock (WAY off topic and ultimately useless) 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Now that I agree with. :P
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

crassh76

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:11 pm

I found a replacement for Justin.Tv on my phone. It is an app called LimoTV Pro. They stream live feeds exactly like Justin.TV did. The pro app cost a couple of bucks but is well worth it. I'd be willing to pay a small one time fee to get it on my Rokus. I emailed them about a Roku channel but I never received a response, or it went to my spam and never saw it. I'm curious if a developer could take a look and see if it is compatible.
Roku Premiere
Roku Stick
and a bunch of original Rokus
Wifi 35 Mbps
Plume Pods
Philips 47" LCD 1080P
Roku to TV by HDMI for A/V
Eastern Time Zone (Florida zip code 34987)