Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

glen4cindy
Topic Author

Roku Channel Store

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:38 pm

I have 3 Roku devices and one is the very first, original, N1000 device that has the HDMI, Component, S-Video, Standard Video, Optical Audio, and Ethernet ports on the rear.

It has a very small channel capacity as well. I would like to be able to manipulate the channels on this unit without affecting the channels on the other two, but, I notice when I install a channel, it seems to be global. I am thinking it might also be global when I remove a channel.

So, knowing the limitations of this unit, and this being the least used unit in the house, is there a way to only assign it the most popular channels that I plan to use on it, while leaving the other channels on the other Roku's untouched?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been asked and answered.

firedup

Re: Roku Channel Store

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 pm

You need to set up a separate account for that Roku. If you want to run paid for apps on both accounts, you'll need to negotiate with the app seller.
http://freetvforme.wordpress.com

Elijah_Baley

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:57 pm

The only way to do what you want is to have the N1000 on a separate Roku account. Channels like Netflix or any that you pay externally to Roku will work just fine with the same credentials on different boxes on different accounts but any channels that you that you buy through Roku and you want on boxes on different accounts will have to be purchased separately on each account.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

glen4cindy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks.

That's an easy enough answer.