Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

crassh76
Topic Author

Put.io cloud service private channel gaining users: article

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I am a long time Roku user and have been here from almost the beginning. I have been using Put.io for many years now and it absolutely makes my Roku experience.
I believe it is what a lot of Roku customers are looking for, without having to use a computer like Plex, etc. I have no stake in the company or any reason to promote it other than I have really enjoyed using it over the last few years.

Here is a link to an article from a very popular blogger that I helped and contributed to:

http://mkvxstream.blogspot.com/2014/11/ ... -with.html

Thanks for taking a look. I hope it helps make your Roku user experience more enjoyable. :D
Last edited by crassh76 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roku Premiere
Roku Stick
and a bunch of original Rokus
Wifi 35 Mbps
Plume Pods
Philips 47" LCD 1080P
Roku to TV by HDMI for A/V
Eastern Time Zone (Florida zip code 34987)

Elijah_Baley

Re: Put.io cloud service private channel gaining users: arti

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:20 pm

That is just a way to encourage stealing content.

In fact they even come right out and say it on their main screen like it is a good thing:
Your Complete Guide to Put.io On Roku!
Wish there was a way to securely stream torrent files without the risk of your IP address being exposed? Now you can with Put.io and Roku!

"put.io is a private cloud storage service and BitTorrent client combined"

If that channel is not blocked it should be as it is simply a tool for theft. The "personal" storage part is just an excuse used to mitigate the illegal part.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

crassh76
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:28 pm

I have used it for years for many things, including business. We put in the article to use it at your discretion and check rules and regulations in your area. This is not only for American users. It has more uses than Drop Box on the Roku in my opinion. It is a cloud service that is Roku compatible and a private channel. It is a pay channel.
Don't read into things.
Last edited by crassh76 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roku Premiere
Roku Stick
Wifi 35 Mbps
Plume Pods
Philips 47" LCD 1080P

thetick

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57 pm

crassh76 wrote:
I have used it for years for many things, including business. We put in the article to use it at your discretion and check rules and regulations in your area. This is not only for American users. It has more uses than Drop Box on the Roku in my opinion. It is a cloud service that is Roku compatible and a private channel. It is a pay channel.
Don't read in to things.

You are the 0.001 % of people who use this legally. You are a complete fool because when the company gets sued and is required to release all details about its customers you will get screwed. Granted it has not happened yet, but it will someday when the video owners start seeing a lack a revenue. All it takes is loss of money and the lawsuits will start.. just like the music industry did a little under a decade ago.

http://www.eff.org/wp/riaa-v-people-five-years-later
http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb ... c-industry
http://schoolvideonews.com/Copyright/Il ... ed-and-Why

Just because millions of people speed on the highway does mean they do not violate the law.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS

crassh76
Topic Author

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:06 am

Name calling isn't necessary. You should have the same argument with Plex and Xbmc/Kodi then too. People who use the Unsupported app store are not exactly viewing things legally, from what I have read.

I am not trying to get this thread locked.

I am a respected member of the Roku community who was trying to share a private channel that I have found useful over the years. Again, it is more flexible than Drop Box for certain things when it comes to Roku. I do not have a stake in Put.io, I was just sharing useful information.
Roku Premiere
Roku Stick
Wifi 35 Mbps
Plume Pods
Philips 47" LCD 1080P