Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
kbd48
Topic Author
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:58 am

I removed the Network last night since its status is questionable. Also the streaming quality was pretty bad. It is strange that such content is not being streamed in higher quality and with a clear legal status. I think people would pay a few bucks a month for such a channel, parents would certainly be interested in it for their kids. Hulu could pick it up and run with it, etc.
 
User avatar
knuckle
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: Florida,USA

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:08 am

unfortuneately were cartoon network to offer the channel in better quality it would require a cable sub,have numerous commercial breaks and probably only be offered on certain players.Then after all this they would decide it was a money losing propisition and post on their blog to other program providers how OTT sucks stick with cable yadda yadda yadda
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
 
thetick
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:09 am

danat275 wrote:
Don't think networks care too much about old programs being streamed,as long as it's not on youtube or torrent programs where people can download burn and sell the shows on the black market,there are dozens of websites that streams old programs and has done so for years..


The above mentality is why Napster progressed as it did. Just because EVERYONE goes 10 miles over the speed limit does not mean you can not get a ticket going 10 miles over the speed limit. Last year I got a speeding ticket on the parkway going 12 miles over the speed limit. As the cop asked me if I knew why he pulled me over I said I had no idea. After he told me I quickly replied politely, but three cars passed me going faster? The cop just ignored me and filled out my ticket.. Argh.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / Disney XD / PBS / Smithsonian
PC / Chromecast for all other media
Verizon FIOS
 
cmulls
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Didn't realize there might be a legal issue. I change my reaction to "Not-awesome channel and I un-thank you for the heads up." :D
 
kbd48
Topic Author
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:47 pm

cmulls wrote:
Didn't realize there might be a legal issue. I change my reaction to "Not-awesome channel and I un-thank you for the heads up." :D


Yeah, sorry about that. I will be much more wary of the Roku.com newsletter listed private channels from now on.
 
danat275
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:22 am

thetick wrote:
danat275 wrote:
Don't think networks care too much about old programs being streamed,as long as it's not on youtube or torrent programs where people can download burn and sell the shows on the black market,there are dozens of websites that streams old programs and has done so for years..


The above mentality is why Napster progressed as it did. Just because EVERYONE goes 10 miles over the speed limit does not mean you can not get a ticket going 10 miles over the speed limit. Last year I got a speeding ticket on the parkway going 12 miles over the speed limit. As the cop asked me if I knew why he pulled me over I said I had no idea. After he told me I quickly replied politely, but three cars passed me going faster? The cop just ignored me and filled out my ticket.. Argh.



Napster wasn't a streaming service,napster was a downloading file sharing service,big difference!!!That's why hollywood cracks down on youtube and torrents,because you can download off those and create blackmarket dvd's,other streaming sites doesn't have a download option,or an app that will allow you to download from the sites,hence is why they have been up for years streaming things,they are low risk on the hollywood radar.the cartnoon and nic app isn't hurting anyone,will give kids something to watch,and keep them away from content that they shouldn't be watching.it's innocent
 
User avatar
ACraigo
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:33 am
Location: West (By God) Virginia
Contact:

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:08 am

kbd48 wrote:
cmulls wrote:
Didn't realize there might be a legal issue. I change my reaction to "Not-awesome channel and I un-thank you for the heads up." :D


Yeah, sorry about that. I will be much more wary of the Roku.com newsletter listed private channels from now on.


It's NOT the roku.com newsletter... it's a knock off site that wants to make you believe it's a roku.com newsletter and apparently it's working perfectly, but why do you or anyone else care where your content comes from? Really cr@ppy content likely comes from here: www.archive.org... it's all free and there are plenty of channels streaming that stuff and charging you for it. In my mind that's criminal, but nobody says a word about that.

If it's free... install it and watch it and keep it on the down-low. If and when they get a take down notice it will go away and another one will pop up in it's place.

It's like playing whack-a-mole. Enjoy the mole until it gets whacked, then enjoy the next mole. If a channel streaming 40's and 50's movies in eye-blistering HD showed up for free as a private channel the LAST place I'd come to broadcast it's availability would be the Roku Forums. I'd just quietly watch it until it went away. I don't care where the content came from, but if it's passing before my eyes and my eyes happen to see it... there you go... you can't unsee something, so enjoy.
Tony
Roku 2 HD
www.youtube.com/user/TheFishMojo
 
thetick
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:37 am

danat275 wrote:

Napster wasn't a streaming service,napster was a downloading file sharing service,big difference!!!That's why hollywood cracks down on youtube and torrents,because you can download off those and create blackmarket dvd's,other streaming sites doesn't have a download option,or an app that will allow you to download from the sites,hence is why they have been up for years streaming things,they are low risk on the hollywood radar.the cartnoon and nic app isn't hurting anyone,will give kids something to watch,and keep them away from content that they shouldn't be watching.it's innocent


I don't see any difference. I can very easily record these old shows on a DVD-recorder and have a digital copy (just like Napster). The DMCA issues can very easily be avoid BTW.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / Disney XD / PBS / Smithsonian
PC / Chromecast for all other media
Verizon FIOS
 
resengen
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Cartoon Network Reboot

Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:32 am

I remember reading somewhere that they might be in a legal grey area. They present them selves as an archive and are transmitting everything including the commercials as it was in the 90s. So it is part of our cultural heritage, think archive.org. I do not buy it but it might not be easy to just dismiss them as copyright violators.
Roku 3
Roku 2 XS
Roku LT
Roku XD
Slingbox SOLO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jeffrok and 22 guests