Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Darnell
Topic Author

Nick (Nickelodeon) now in Roku Channel Lineup. Free content

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:47 am

New in the Roku Channel Store: Nickelodeon

You don't need a cable TV subscription to view much of the content. There are many ad supported full episodes.

Marzer

Re: Nick (Nickelodeon) now in Roku Channel Lineup. Free cont

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:58 am

Downloaded it last night, I guess this is the answer to Nick Reboot? No 90s shows, pretty disappointing considering the older library they could make available.

Darnell
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Marzer wrote:
Downloaded it last night, I guess this is the answer to Nick Reboot? No 90s shows, pretty disappointing considering the older library they could make available.

Those would likely pull less viewers and be harder to get advertising for. I know, you may disagree, I liked their 90s content too. But it's probably the truth.

vle045

Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:58 am

Love it! Just another "pro" to hopefully cutting the cord someday. Found the Looney Tunes channel while I was at it too.

mike_ekim

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:31 am

Darnell wrote:
Marzer wrote:

Those would likely pull less viewers and be harder to get advertising for. I know, you may disagree, I liked their 90s content too. But it's probably the truth.

They could have older series in addition to new series. Advertisers will advertise on whatever shows are being watched. Hulu doesn't have to worry if offering old shows will attract less viewers, or if older shows make it harder to get advertizing.

startreksteve

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:20 am

Not available in the UK (As Usual)
Roku 3, Roku LT & Roku 1, Kodi running on Raspberry Pi 2, Plex Server.

MWDXER

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:07 am

Another one like NatGeo Wild, FXX, etc that they require a sub to cable or satellite to full full content. The odd thing is I have Dish and get all of these channels on Dish, yet Dish is not listed on their list of providers.

Frankie'sMarket

Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:27 am

MWDXER wrote:
Another one like NatGeo Wild, FXX, etc that they require a sub to cable or satellite to full full content. The odd thing is I have Dish and get all of these channels on Dish, yet Dish is not listed on their list of providers.

Streaming rights are usually seperate from the carriage rights that a cable/sat provider negotiates with a network for residential distribution. IOW, Dish has not anted up the additional $$$$ to give their subscribers TV Everywhere access for Nick.
"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn." Ben Franklin

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:54 am

vle045 wrote:
Found the Looney Tunes channel while I was at it too.

I usually don't go OT and hijack a thread, but what channel do you speak of?
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

Bacon

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Nice looking channel. Glad to see stuff going beyond the standard old roku screens. Nicely designed and unlike how you can few extra stuff while still in the video player.

sharpedge

Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:48 pm

trekkeriii wrote:
vle045 wrote:

Looney toon network:

https://www.roku.com/channels#!details/ ... on-network

sharpedge

Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:55 pm

startreksteve wrote:

I know the content differs somewhat, but you can at least get the Now TV channel in the UK and it has Nickleodeon, Disney Channel and Nick Jr; A 3 month subscription can be found for around 10 pounds on ebay.

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:30 pm

sharpedge wrote:
trekkeriii wrote:
vle045 wrote:

Looney toon network:

https://www.roku.com/channels#!details/ ... on-network

I have been waiting for Looney Tunes on Netflix or something. This is the "something" I have been waiting for.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

ACraigo

Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:12 pm

MWDXER wrote:

LOL!

Let's see... I don't have cable, but to get "Free" channels that are just like cable I have to get cable... and not just any cable... I have to get just the right cable...

Yep... sounds totally reasonable to me. A Roku/Cable fan's dream channel.

(ya'll do realize your kids will watch a house being painted for hours... check it out... put your kids in lawn chairs and paint yours... they'll write 10 page essays about the experience... maybe not today, but long after you're gone... and have spent their inheritance on cable... the essays may not be kind... be glad you're not able to read them from the great beyond).

(while they're in those lawn chairs you might see them sneaking a peak at the grass growing... basically they'll watch anything you put in front of them...)(buy a grasshopper and a bale of hay and you're all fixed up for the next decade or more)(the good news is while they're outside they're breathing fresh air)

(when they reach their teens - you're on your own, but the knowledge that you have some money left will go a long way for a favorable essay) (the 'father's day write up' can go one of two ways - it can start with: "My Dad, the idiot..." or "How I learned to be a great house painter... I love you, Dad...)
Tony
Roku 2 HD
www.youtube.com/user/TheFishMojo

startreksteve

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:32 am

sharpedge wrote:
startreksteve wrote:

I know the content differs somewhat, but you can at least get the Now TV channel in the UK and it has Nickleodeon, Disney Channel and Nick Jr; A 3 month subscription can be found for around 10 pounds on ebay.

I wont touch anything on Sky on principal, biggest bunch of sharks in the UK, One of the reasons I got a Roku 3. Netflix is a fair price, Sky users can pay up to £58 per month, and a lot of my friends watch 2 or 3 of those available channels. Crazy!
Roku 3, Roku LT & Roku 1, Kodi running on Raspberry Pi 2, Plex Server.