Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

thetick
Topic Author

Crackle is crashing again

Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:13 pm

With a the forced Crackle channel "update" it forced me to reactivate. After reactivating, the title screen pops up and the channel just crashes back to the Roku Menu. The Roku Crackle channel is broke yet again.

These type of Roku ONLY Crackle issues happen almost every time the Crackle channel is changed. Neverever have these issues with a PC and/or Chromecast.

BTW thank goodness for the Chromecast as I'm able to watch Crackle with my Chromecast. Yet another reason to buy a Chromecast in addition to never have to re-authenticate with Chromecast as I must constantly do with many Roku channels. Roku really needs to fix this as I'm about to quit using my Roku for ANY channels with subscriptions. The constant activations are beyond annoying and to the point I actually dread loading a Roku that has an activation requirement. Again attention everyone there are NO activation with Chromecast as the Chromecast uses your already saved PC authentication for accounts with activation.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Crackle is crashing again

Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Crackle was working fine for me this afternoon...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

john262

Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:39 pm

On my Roku 1 Crackle is fine, but on my Roku 3 a featured show autostarts and I have to hit the back button and back out of that show. It's very irritating. I wish they would let me decide which show I want to start. Yahoo Screen has the same "feature" and I hate it.

dlester03

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:22 am

Crackle is not working right on both my Roku 3 boxes. After the reactivation it comes up plays a few seconds, goes blank and reboots my Roku. Really annoying. When it does work longer than a few seconds, the screen blanks out and I have to keeping hitting OK or rewind to get the picture back. Sometimes I just get an error that says "Something went wrong." What a mess!

WardFamily

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:28 am

When will the new channel be updated for Roku Tv? Starting to miss my Roku 3.
http://lindenalabama.net

bjrubenstein

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Same issue here--the channel starts up and then promptly crashes.

bvd1022

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:22 pm

I noticed this when Crackle updated last week. I will say that I like the new UI and like the almost live feed look of the new UI that Crackle is using. Hope they get the glitch fixed. I know on my Fire TV, the Crackle app had a much smoother and more thorough UI than what Crackle was using on Roku, but playback was hit or miss. Hopefully these content providers will eventually be able to offer consistent solid playback across multiple devices. I think the new Roku UI for Crackle is much better than what Fire TV has now taking the glitch out of the equation. Just one man's opinion.

thetick
Topic Author

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 pm

WardFamily wrote:
When will the new channel be updated for Roku Tv? Starting to miss my Roku 3.

Considering the new Roku 3 channel crashes what good would this new channel be on the Roku TV as it likely just crash anyway?
TheTick
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS

OhPlease

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:04 am

I had the same issue with the Crackle channel on my Roku 3. Restarting the Roku solved the problem.

redbeard36

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:22 am

Horrendous update on Roku 3. Sometimes connects, sometimes doesn't. Sometimes freezes, sometimes can't navigate. It's like they're doing QA on it while it's live in production. A lot of work to watch comedians in cars.

kbd48

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Yes, they broke this app and call it a "new feature" :(

thetick
Topic Author

Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:51 pm

This is just ridiculous. Removed Crackle channel as it has been broke for weeks. Good bye to Crackle on my Roku 3. Happily watching Crackle on my Chromecast as my Roku 3 has been demoted to an high end expensive door stopper.
TheTick
Verizon FIOS

eam-00

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 am

Same here.... :( :( :(
Crackle has been FUBAR for about 3/4 weeks on both Roku 3 I control...
Tried reloading the Rokus (obviously) removing and install the channel... All the same... Problem persists...
Crackle installs and loads to an orange splash screen with a white spinning wheel on the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, then the screen goes black and nothing happens (I even "remained" on the black screen for a few minutes, just in case...).
Only way to get out of that is hitting the Home key, the Back key doesn't do nothing.
The error can be reproduced over and over again, always the same...

I can understand that something goes wrong with an update, and that it might take a few hours or days to fix, but a month?
Is Roku killing Crackle?

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:45 am

eam-00 wrote:
Tried reloading the Rokus (obviously) removing and install the channel... All the same... Problem persists...
Crackle installs and loads to an orange splash screen with a white spinning wheel on the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, then the screen goes black and nothing happens (I even "remained" on the black screen for a few minutes, just in case...).
Only way to get out of that is hitting the Home key, the Back key doesn't do nothing.

I can understand that something goes wrong with an update, and that it might take a few hours or days to fix, but a month?
Is Roku killing Crackle?

Did you remove the app/channel, then reboot the Roku, then re-add the app/channel?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

eam-00

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Basil wrote:
eam-00 wrote:

Is Roku killing Crackle?

Did you remove the app/channel, then reboot the Roku, then re-add the app/channel?

Yes, I did.
Removed Crackle, rebooted (via System > Restart) and installed once again.
Same thing...
Get an orange splash screen, then a black one, and nothing happens...