Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jaindesi

Re: Sling TV - Reduced volume level

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:34 pm

I only have the Sling international channel. (Mega pack). So it seems like its not specific to a channel. It's the entire Sling TV. Can't believe Dish Network launched an App without testing.

jessifunn

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 pm

I am having the problem with the background sound being too loud and the people talking are very low. Any one else experiencing this?

chance

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:02 am

I am having the same issue with SlingTV .... the volume levels are all over the place for each channel. The History channel has all background music loud and the voices really quiet, opposite of what it should be. Other channels have differing volume levels, HBO seems normal. It has been going on for weeks.

Solution????

kdave

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Cancelled my service, as did not signup to be a beta tester. Good initiative, even better in terms of basic package and specially international package compared to Cable, but volume issue is really frustrating and just not acceptable. Feel Sling tv is not ready for prime time, and will reactivate service once critical issues are resolved..

Matt9876

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:09 am

jessifunn wrote:
I am having the problem with the background sound being too loud and the people talking are very low. Any one else experiencing this?

+1 Background music and sounds over power spoken words. :(
ROKU Premiere Plus
ROKU 4
ROKU 3
Tablo OTA DVR
Samsung 4K UHD TV
Hisense 4K TV

lulu1960

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:15 am

Same here cant hear talking only background sound and only on sling channels. Any solutions to this problem?

Darnell

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:57 am

kdave wrote:
Cancelled my service, as did not signup to be a beta tester. Good initiative, even better in terms of basic package and specially international package compared to Cable, but volume issue is really frustrating and just not acceptable. Feel Sling tv is not ready for prime time, and will reactivate service once critical issues are resolved..

I agree that we are pretty much beta testers. And that comes with being on the bleeding edge of new tech offerings. When they get it "right", there will be other similar service options from other providers, plus more stand alone stations from Cable, plus far more cord cutters in general.

I'll stick with Sling TV. Being fresh off the cord, I need my fix :twisted: . And for the price, I can endure the issues as things improve. Plus, one of their reps made a mistake with me once and I got a free Roku Streaming stick out of it :D . So I'm making out pretty good with Sling TV.

jaindesi

Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:31 am

I just called them and they have no suggestions or time frame when it will get fixed.

Ursan

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 pm

It's still there all these years later.

The paranoid part of me thinks it's intentional.  My normal viewing volume is 40, but for Sling, I need 60.  The audio is very low.  That is until it's commercial time, then it's VERY loud.