Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

WardFamily
Topic Author

Pluto Tv --It's Time

Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:06 pm

It's beyond time to have this channel of channels on Roku!!! Please help get this on Roku by sending them a message. Thanks!!!https://www.facebook.com/PlutoTV?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
http://lindenalabama.net

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Pluto Tv --It's Time

Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 pm

I kinda like Pluto TV. It's a great "when you don't know what you wanna watch" channel. Would like to see it on Roku.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

kbd48

Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Basil wrote:
I kinda like Pluto TV. It's a great "when you don't know what you wanna watch" channel. Would like to see it on Roku.

Agreed.

vnazario

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Hello:

Has anyone here tried to cast videos from Pluto.tv to Roku? I haven't tried it yet, but it may work with the Firefox beta Android browser and the FF Roku client channel. If someone here can try this and post the results, it may be a viable "work-a-round" while we wait for an official Pluto.TV Roku channel.

Hope this tip helps.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps

kbd48

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:23 pm

vnazario wrote:
Hello:

Has anyone here tried to cast videos from Pluto.tv to Roku? I haven't tried it yet, but it may work with the Firefox beta Android browser and the FF Roku client channel. If someone here can try this and post the results, it may be a viable "work-a-round" while we wait for an official Pluto.TV Roku channel.

Hope this tip helps.

I would be surprised if it works. Pluto casting doesn't even work on a Chromecast--and it's supposed to :(

Darnell

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Fire TV and Nexus Player have Pluto. (Maybe Apple too.) It's surprising that everybody except Roku has some channels.

Basil

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Darnell wrote:
Fire TV and Nexus Player have Pluto. (Maybe Apple too.) It's surprising that everybody except Roku has some channels.

Apple TV does not have Pluto TV.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

TheEndless

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:46 pm

Darnell wrote:

Pluto TV is just a curated schedule of YouTube videos. Both the Nexus and the Fire TV support HTML5, so Pluto TV can use the native HTML5 YouTube player. Roku, however, does not support (publicly) HTML5 and therefore doesn't support the approved HTML5 YouTube player, so Pluto TV isn't allowed for the same reason that other YouTube based channels are not allowed... i.e., it is expressly disallowed by the YouTube Terms of Service:
YouTube TOS, Section 4.C. wrote:
You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

Darnell

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:19 am

TheEndless wrote:
Darnell wrote:

Pluto TV is just a curated schedule of YouTube videos. Both the Nexus and the Fire TV support HTML5, so Pluto TV can use the native HTML5 YouTube player. Roku, however, does not support (publicly) HTML5 and therefore doesn't support the approved HTML5 YouTube player, so Pluto TV isn't allowed for the same reason that other YouTube based channels are not allowed... i.e., it is expressly disallowed by the YouTube Terms of Service:
YouTube TOS, Section 4.C. wrote:
You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.

Good information there. That also explains why Roku does not have Haystack TV and Class6ix. Both are great customizable news channels. With the exception of real time "breaking" news. The YouTube sources are better than news networks IMO. For breaking news we have CBSN for free. Sling TV and One America News are Roku available pay options for breaking news.

Roku would want to support HTML 5 soon. I hope that does not require buying a new device. Because I don't plan on buying any more Roku hardware.

kbd48

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:11 am

Doesn't PlutoTv use a variety of streaming sources and not just Youtube? I know they use Newsy, and recently struck a deal for Hulu content.

candita

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:38 pm

I have cast Pluto TV just fine with Allcast

VectorGamer

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I have Pluto TV on my Android but I hardly ever watch it because I prefer to watch that kind of stuff on the big screen. I have done screen mirroring from my phone to the Roku and the video gets pixelated from time to time.

MWDXER

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Pluto TV casts fine from the Chrome stick to the TV using my Win7 computer.