Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Pazoro
Topic Author

Screen blacking out at random times

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:59 pm

I have roku 2XD version 6.2 build 3468. I have been experiencing blackout every once and a while sometimes it is very often and other times sparsely. It blacks out for a second on every channel, amazon, netflix and hulu. What could cause this? I replaced my HDMI cables with new ones and it did not make a difference. :(

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Screen blacking out at random times

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Pazoro wrote:
I have roku 2XD version 6.2 build 3468. I have been experiencing blackout every once and a while sometimes it is very often and other times sparsely. It blacks out for a second on every channel, amazon, netflix and hulu. What could cause this? I replaced my HDMI cables with new ones and it did not make a difference. :(

It might be worth trying a different HDMI port on your TV.

There are generally three things that can be a problem. And, it could be more than one, though likely it's just a single one. The three possible problem areas are the TV input, the cable, and the Roku output.

The Roku 2 XD is an old box. It was discontinued 22 months ago. It could be going bad.

If you have another TV, try it. If you have another port on your TV, try it. And, if you have a third HDMI cable (maybe borrowing from another device) try it. If not combinations of HDMI inputs, TVs, or cables resolve it, it could very well be the Roku.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

candita

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Mine did that & I had to set my resolution down to 720p from 1080p. After that no more problems. If you have it set to the highest you could try to go down to 720p.

jeffrok

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:47 pm

I'd just bite the bullet and get the Roku 3, or the new Roku 2 (has no motion controller/headphone jack but is a solid device).. If you just need streaming, the Roku stick is a nice alternative (I have one of those too, and haven't had any issues).
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

jeffrok

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:50 pm

I'd just bite the bullet and get the Roku 3, or the new Roku 2 (has no motion controller/headphone jack but is a solid device).. If you just need streaming, the Roku stick is a nice alternative (I have one of those too, and haven't had any issues).

But before that, try a different HDMI port on the TV. If you still have the problem, try the Roku on a different TV and see if it still exhibits the problem.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

candita

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:54 am

also try the resolution thing. mine stopped when I changed it.