Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

stutch13
Topic Author

Blood Moon Theater

Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:51 am

Yeah, I check channels to see if there is in fact anything to watch.. If there is any interesting things to try.. And I'm in July mode which means test channels for content and try to keep it.. (actually I try to do this every month).. The other day Blood Moon Theater was the channel up for this idea.. I found a show and clicked on it, and it ran a commercial.. Then another, cycled through the first ad, then the second, added a different one then another.. I give up how many ads are they going to show before showing the program I wanted to try... I give up.. I have done this three times with last night I set the channel to the area to have the channel be one last strike away from being deleted.. They have an interesting lineup of programming but at five or as it turns out more ads before showing anything I am inclined to say this is an ads run all the time channel.. Anyone else even bother with this channel and if so how long until the show starts from the first commercial?? I could likely start the show and leave for ten minutes and maybe the show will start.. Sad to see a channel like this.. They don't stay on my lineup that way..

Ace

Re: Blood Moon Theater

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:52 am

Some of the commercial services they use pay by the views. So the more commercials they play before it begins the better chance you are to watch them to get to the program. I run a live station and we will never have adds like that. No way. So even though there channel is free. They still make money. I have no clue how much. But if you have a channel that gets a lot of hits it could be pretty good.

stutch13
Topic Author

Re: Blood Moon Theater

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:51 am

Yesterday was D day for this channel.. I never saw any programming actually start on it.. To me the best way to have the ads is to run two then have the first segment of the show/movie.. Then have the first break and run a two or three spot for a minute total.. Crackle seems to do it this way when the channel works at all.. Same with Popcorn flix.. It can be annoying to be into a show and have a commercial run, but that's the price of "free"...