Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jamiewilson
Topic Author

Remove Roku from TCL TV

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Let me preface this by saying I feel extremely bad doing this, but:

I want to either remove the Roku software from my Roku TCL television, or at least be able to sit it to launch directly to an HDMI input, without having to go to the Roku menu and navigate there.

I'm starting to experiment with home automation / voice activation / Amazon Echo amongst others, and the Roku software is getting in the way.

Any thoughts?

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Remove Roku from TCL TV

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:33 pm

You've probably got the wrong TV, then. I haven't seen/heard of anyone flashing their TV to put different software on it, and it would certainly void any warranties.

captivater

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Put in a feature request here

BradC

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 pm

settings > system > power > power on

pick the input you want to automatically use on startup.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦

EnTerr
** Valued Community Member **

Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:39 pm

BradC wrote:
settings > system > power > power on
pick the input you want to automatically use on startup.

Image What BradC said.
I was also annoyed that RokuTV would always boot in the Roku main menu instead of doing the right thing and go to last used input. Luckily at some point i discovered on my own that can be accomplished, it's just the default behavior was crappy.

Re home automation, you can switch inputs with HTTP POSTs, see http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... trol+Guide for overview