Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

aamuk

Re: Roku shows "Not Connected" but I am connected

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:13 am

The "Not Connected" issue is quite annoying and I had hoped that Roku would have fixed it quite promptly after it was first noticed with the firmware update at the beginning of September.

Tekneek

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:44 am

We have been seeing that a lot here, but the Roku always appears to be connected when it needs to be (screensaver pulls weather data, channels load and stream content as they should, etc). It does not appear to be an operational problem, so I don't really mind what it says until it impacts the functionality.

dboff01

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:18 am

This has also been my experience, the message is simply incorrect as none of the streaming services have been non-functional.

Tecmo SB Guy

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Yup, my Roku 3 is doing this too.

WardFamily

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:54 pm

This is still happening and it's getting to the point we can't watch Tv. Anyone else still having issues?

I have restarted internet and Roku. All other devices working correctly.
http://lindenalabama.net

Elijah_Baley

Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:20 pm

WardFamily wrote:
This is still happening and it's getting to the point we can't watch Tv. Anyone else still having issues?

I have restarted internet and Roku. All other devices working correctly.

Well my Roku 3 still reports that it is not connected when it actually is but it works fine and the message in no way effects my ability to stream either locally or from the web.

In the interest of full discloser the only channels I use much are Plex, MLS, Amazon and Pandora. It is possible that other channels get their connection status info from the same source that produces the mistaken message and the channels I use don't check at all before starting.

EDIT: I just discovered something by accident. I never use the search function much less voice search but, on my new Roku 3, a button for voice search exists and I accidentally hit it and lo and behold the message came up that the search function requires a network connection. My network connection is fine and I did not even have to check it to be able to suppress the message all I had to do was enter the network settings menu and exit and the message went away and I was able to use the search. (I wish I could turn that useless function off)

So the search, and I guess some other channels, check the network before trying to use it and report failure.

I, too, would like SOMEONE at Roku to at least acknowledge this problem and at least tell us the engineers are aware of it.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

ngs428
Topic Author

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:53 pm

PMs to 2 Roku staffers have gone unanswered. Our best bet is probably to wait until OS 7 is rolled out.

But, yes a simple we are aware of the issue and are working on it would be nice. Now you wonder why I left the beta program.

beckfield

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:33 pm

I'm seeing the same. When I restart the Roku, the clock is there. Anytime I come out of a channel back to the Roku home, "Not connected."

glasspilot

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:41 am

I'm still seeing the "Not Connected" but it doesn't seem to cause any viewing problems. It would be nice if someone official would come on here. and say something. :?:

The ROKU PBS channel was recently revamped, and not for the better. It is buggy, the ad at the beginning of a show makes it crash all the way back to the ROKU home screen. I don't think this is connected with the subject of this thread though.

glasspilot

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:14 am

ngs428 wrote:
RokuShawnS is this issue on the list to be fixed in the next release?

I second this! Shawn, are you there?

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:46 am

glasspilot wrote:
ngs428 wrote:
RokuShawnS is this issue on the list to be fixed in the next release?

I second this! Shawn, are you there?

As I've stated numerous times in the past, I try to read every single thread. I cannot, in general, comment on "when will this be fixed" or "is this a known issue" etc.

The engineers are aware of this thread (reported the day of the OP).

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

glasspilot

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks Shawn.

ngs428
Topic Author

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:00 pm

The issue I mentioned in the OP has been corrected in firmware v7.