Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

pastafazoule
Topic Author

downloading pluto fried roku 4 box

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 am

i downloaded pluto just now and the box was acting funny i could not get pluto off even when i deleted the program the sound was still going so i tried to restart it would not there was a bunch of flickering going on so unplugged it the video never went on tried reset button no video nothing checked my hdmi cable and its working,well people will bring back to best buy there is no doubt that the heat from the box is causing major problems this was my third box imaging i fried the box downloading pluto and the program after i deleted it was still going on wow beware

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Re: downloading pluto fried roku 4 box

Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:26 pm

pastafazoule wrote:
i downloaded pluto just now and the box was acting funny i could not get pluto off even when i deleted the program the sound was still going so i tried to restart it would not there was a bunch of flickering going on so unplugged it the video never went on tried reset button no video nothing checked my hdmi cable and its working,well people will bring back to best buy there is no doubt that the heat from the box is causing major problems this was my third box imaging i fried the box downloading pluto and the program after i deleted it was still going on wow beware

A little punctuation goes a long way if you'd like people to know what you're talking about.

Voldemort

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:22 pm

It's not hard to understand if you want to understand.
http://freetvforme.wordpress.com

clocks

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:39 pm

I understand where Mike is coming from. If the issue isn't worth spending the time to explain it clearly, why should anyone spend time trying to answer it.

raqball

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:53 pm

I downloaded Pluto TV just fine and watched it for about 30 minutes earlier... Not sure what happened with your Roku but it's NOT related to the Pluto channel...
Roku Ultra
LG OLED55C7P
Sonos Playbase

Voldemort

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:27 pm

His Roku 4 is toast.
http://freetvforme.wordpress.com

DJG

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:54 pm

That's why it has a warranty.

mikebdoss

Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:15 pm

To the OP: Call up Roku support and tell them what's happened. It's still under warranty, so you can get a new one.

pastafazoule
Topic Author

Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:12 pm

This is my third one i been having alot of issues,the night before it was in sleep mode would not wake up i had to restart by pulling the plug,the night before that it would not go into power down mode and the box was super hot,they already gave me a replacement and that was worse then the one i had,until they fix this heating problem you will see more and more of this,and also there is no batch of bad ones or good ones the design flaw is there.I am trying to inform people sorry i am not a english major

pastafazoule
Topic Author

Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 pm

I finally had enough and got my money back from best buy i tried but to many issues,will wait for a new version trust me they will have a new version,because software will not fix this

MWDXER

Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:33 pm

I have had the Roku LT for several years now and has not had any trouble with it. I currently I have 949 different channels on it. I have read several reports of issues with the Roku 4. I guess there are bugs in the software.

mikebdoss

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 pm

MWDXER wrote:
I have had the Roku LT for several years now and has not had any trouble with it. I currently I have 949 different channels on it. I have read several reports of issues with the Roku 4. I guess there are bugs in the software.

How many of those do you watch? Do you notice a slowdown with that many installed?

I have 30+ installed, but probably only use the same 8 or so 99% of the time.

dfgsrzwer

Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:11 am

mikebdoss wrote:
MWDXER wrote:

How many of those do you watch? Do you notice a slowdown with that many installed?

I have a 2ndGen Roku, and noticed a big slowdown with more than ~50. I nowadays have around 40, and use about 12 on a regular basis. There is no reason to "collect" that many channels, especially since most of them have the same exact crap the others have.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs

mikebdoss

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 am

dfgsrzwer wrote:
mikebdoss wrote:
MWDXER wrote:

I have a 2ndGen Roku, and noticed a big slowdown with more than ~50. I nowadays have around 40, and use about 12 on a regular basis. There is no reason to "collect" that many channels, especially since most of them have the same exact crap the others have.

Yeah, I'm just not understanding the "collect channels" thing some people do. It's GOT to be faster to just add a channel you don't use much compared to finding it in that grid...