Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

abhijitd
Topic Author

Roku 4 does not work with Simple.tv but Roku 3 does

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:08 pm

I was happily watching live TV using simple.tv OTA setup and Roku 3. Then I upgraded to Roku 4 and relegated Roku 3 to bedroom TV. Roku 4 does not work with simple.tv channel at all. It shows a progress bar which goes all the way to 100% but no picture ever shows up. Roku 3 is working just fine with simple.tv channel. Has anyone else experienced this? I have searched online a lot but have not come across any post about this. I will have to return my Roku 4 if this is not fixed because I depend on simple.tv a lot for local channels.

vnazario

Re: Roku 4 does not work with Simple.tv but Roku 3 does

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Hello:

Is your Roku 4 listed under Devices in Account settings when you are in the website control page? Make sure you add your Roku 4 and link it to your account. If this has already been done, try rebooting your Simple device. You may also try the Simple.TV channel plugin within PLEX and see if this works.

Hope these tips help.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps

BradC

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:49 am

I use simple.tv on my roku4, no problems.

I've never gotten it to work through plex on any roku player, but the standalone roku channel works fine for me, so that doesn't really matter to me.

maybe try unpairing it and re-associating it with your account?

you could also remove and re-install the simple.tv channel in case there was an issue with the install, which would be kind of a pain since you'll have to re-attach all your roku devices, but still easier than returning the player.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦

abhijitd
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Thank you for the replies. I will try re-pairing and removing and readding the simple.tv channel once I get home. I hope it works out.