Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

stutch13
Topic Author

Comedy Central

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:28 am

I'm not here to complain about this channel "doesn't work".. it might work.. But .. I haven't paid for it and it did have free content but because I look at it every three or four weeks just to see if anything will play.. This morning was one of those times as I evaluate channels to decide what stays and what goes.. This channel did nearly nothing at all but be frustrating.. It reminds me of the youtube channel.. Only in CC channel it doesn't really do anything at all.. Anyone else having this issue?? I uninstalled it, ran a reboot then reinstalled it and it still wasn't working right so I deleted it for good for a while..

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Comedy Central

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:54 am

stutch13 wrote:
I'm not here to complain about this channel "doesn't work".. it might work.. But .. I haven't paid for it and it did have free content but because I look at it every three or four weeks just to see if anything will play.. This morning was one of those times as I evaluate channels to decide what stays and what goes.. This channel did nearly nothing at all but be frustrating.. It reminds me of the youtube channel.. Only in CC channel it doesn't really do anything at all.. Anyone else having this issue?? I uninstalled it, ran a reboot then reinstalled it and it still wasn't working right so I deleted it for good for a while..

I doubt I'll be of any help at all as I don't use that channel, but I do have a couple of questions to clarify.

When you say that things "won't play" or "doesn't really do anything" what does that mean? There's content that won't play because it needs authentication against a cable/satellite provider, and then there's stuff that should play but just doesn't.

You made a YouTube comparison. On my devices, I have no issues with YouTube playing, so something that "reminds me of the YouTube channel" means a kinda clunky interface, but one that functions nonetheless. So, specific descriptions of the issue you're having may help. Plus the device/model number.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

stutch13
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:57 am

Basil wrote:
stutch13 wrote:

I doubt I'll be of any help at all as I don't use that channel, but I do have a couple of questions to clarify.

When you say that things "won't play" or "doesn't really do anything" what does that mean? There's content that won't play because it needs authentication against a cable/satellite provider, and then there's stuff that should play but just doesn't.

You made a YouTube comparison. On my devices, I have no issues with YouTube playing, so something that "reminds me of the YouTube channel" means a kinda clunky interface, but one that functions nonetheless. So, specific descriptions of the issue you're having may help. Plus the device/model number.

Yeah you nailed it where I say it won't play and I'm not sure if it has to do with authentication because a couple months ago it would play.. Now something that has happened since the last time I used the channel at all is the update to 7 OS on the Roku so that could be the problem.. But I rarely used it before and tried to reacquire it last night and used today with no luck.. My comparison to YouTube was meant to be an earlier version of YouTube which was very hesitant.. I'm really not sure any Comedy Central content is supposed to work without Authentication same as with History and A&E.. But those two later channels do play some programming..

Fake Ghost Pirate

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:02 am

I had the same problem with Comedy Central- either the free videos wouldn't play at all or they'd lock up every 5-6 seconds and have to buffer for several minutes for another 5-6 seconds of video. I know my connection is fast enough to play videos cause Netflix works- so does Youtube, Fox News, etc etc but not Comedy. I posted about this problem 6 months ago but no one has replied yet.