Here are the important feature requests I think all of us would like:
1. AAC - LC-AAC, HE-AAC and HE-AAC v2 in 2.0 stereo to 11.2 surround (DTS-X and Dolby Atmos) capable. I understand that AAC 5.1 has been added, but only in LC, or are there support for HE and HEv2 formats as well? Also, has 6.1 and 7.1 surround been added?
2. Opus - Full 2.0 stereo to 11.2 surround (DTS-X and Dolby Atmos) capable.
3. Pass through support for Dolby Pro-logic variants, Dolby Digital, DTS variants, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
4. Subtitle support with the subtitle file either muxed in the container or as its own file and can read the following types: SRT, IDX/SUB, and PGS
5. In the AVI and DIVX container, the most common A/V codec will be DivX/MP3, and DivX/AC3; however there are others such as H.264/AC3, H.264/AAC and DivX/DTS.
6. VC-1 and MPEG-2 video decoding.
7. Since we're going to hopefully add Opus decoding, we might as well add VP8 and VP9 decoding.
8. 24p playback.
9. We can play any combination of video, audio, containers, and subtitles through a jump drive or external hard drive, especially through the Plex channel. I have backed-up my movies on to a NAS, and over the years have used various codecs.
10. There some Opus radio stations out there, and several broadcast in HE-AAC, so those audio codecs are important. Opus sound quality is insanely good and can be streamed/played in an .opus container, or muxed in to MKV format (there are HVEC/Opus codecs in a MKV containers). The DivX codec and AVI container is for the many of us who have a library of back-ups and who does not want to re-encode his video and who does like transcoding on the fly (video quality is lost).
11. A remote with a keyboard on the back.
12. The ability to actually turn off/on the Roku via IR remote as well as the RF remote that comes with the Roku.
If anyone knows about whether the playing HEVC MKV can be done, or if any of my requests have already been acted upon; please let me know.
I hope you and your team will consider these requests.
1 x Roku Ultra, 3 x Roku 3