Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

blackcows
Topic Author

Start on Channels?

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:53 am

New to the Roku, about a week ago I bought my first Roku to replace a Popcorn Hour and I love it. I love it so much I already have 4 in the house. One thing that I am wondering is if it is possible to go directly to the channels screen? Not a big deal but 99% of the time we use the Roku for the channels, the home button brings you to the menu on the left then you have to arrow over to get to the channels. In my opinion it would be much cleaning to start at the channels and arrow to the left if you need the menu items. Any way to do this?

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Start on Channels?

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:53 am

blackcows wrote:
New to the Roku, about a week ago I bought my first Roku to replace a Popcorn Hour and I love it. I love it so much I already have 4 in the house. One thing that I am wondering is if it is possible to go directly to the channels screen? Not a big deal but 99% of the time we use the Roku for the channels, the home button brings you to the menu on the left then you have to arrow over to get to the channels. In my opinion it would be much cleaning to start at the channels and arrow to the left if you need the menu items. Any way to do this?

The older interface did that. Everything was in one large horizontal list. Today, you have to do the OK or RIGHT to get to it. If you prefer the option of starting there already, you could submit a Feature Request.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)