Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

silv55
Topic Author

Roku 4 remote draining batteries by itself?

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi guys;i have a big issue with R4 remote control,besides the issue of not always turning on R4,also is eating butteries,when i got the R4 i noticed that the batteries that came with the box did not last more than a few days, i did not give it much importance ,i thought the batteries that came with the box were weak already,some times it happens,but after putting new batteries they drained in a couple days,this is not acceptable after all these issues with R4 and now this. it takes the cake,what a flop of a box.Anybody has this issue,and what should i do?

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Roku 4 remote draining batteries by itself?

Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:25 pm

The earphones will drain the batteries if you use them a lot, or leave them plugged into the remote when you aren't using them.
What you're seeing isn't normal.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

silv55
Topic Author

Re: Roku 4 remote draining batteries by itself?

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:02 pm

kc8pql wrote:
The earphones will drain the batteries if you use them a lot, or leave them plugged into the remote when you aren't using them.
What you're seeing isn't normal.

Thanks; i only used the earphones 2 times for few minutes and do not leave them plugged in, i have my 2 roku1 remote batteries for a long time and many times i use it to turn on R4 cause as you know the power up issue on roku 4 that most times do not turn R4 on, so in the space of 30 days or so 4 batteries are gone,i will not put no more batteries till i know what Roku has to say about this?.