Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

adamkaz
Topic Author

Roku Billing not working

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Currently, any subscription purchase I attempt to make through Roku billing (example - Showtime) is taking me to a Roku page that says "Order Fulfilled" - "Order has already been completed". When I hit continue, it takes me back to the sign up page.

adamkaz
Topic Author

Re: Roku Billing not working

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:47 pm

OK it is working again.

philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:17 pm

And now it isn't. Trying to purchase a theme and it is failing both on the Roku and on the website,

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:06 am

We may be having some issues with the backend again. I'll notify CS and report back when and if I get more information.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

philsoft

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:31 am

This is still not working. I am trying to give you money here.

adamkaz
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:54 am

The error I was seeing has gone away - what are you seeing?

philsoft

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:35 am

It just fails,
on roku "adding channel" for about 2 minutes then it says the channel could not be added.
website says "Processing" for about 2 minutes then "oops" channel could not be added, or something like that.

ETA: I should add that this is for the Winter theme.

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:24 pm

CS is asking for your serial number. Can you please PM asap? Thanks!

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------

philsoft

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:11 am

I sent the serial number shortly after you requested it and it is still not working. Can I at least get some acknowledgement of the problem, and a clue as to when it might get fixed?

philsoft

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:44 am

Still waiting here. Some acknowledgement that the issue has at least been reproduced?

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 am

philsoft wrote:
Still waiting here. Some acknowledgement that the issue has at least been reproduced?

I haven't heard back from CS yet, but I'll ping them again today.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------

starrella5

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:47 pm

I've been having the same issue. When I try to purchase a theme, after about 2 min I get the "channel install failed" error. It seems to only be a problem with the themes because I have no issues when purchasing from other channels like MGo or Google Play. I talked to CS yesterday and all they said was "try a different payment method", which did not solve the problem. I contacted my bank and they said that it was a "CVV code error" and that it is a problem on Roku's end and Roku needs to fix it. However, no success with Roku CS. I called CS again today and after being on hold for 30 min, they said they were having a high call volume and will email me. I did however get a case #. So idk.

philsoft

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:03 pm

starrella5 wrote:
I've been having the same issue. When I try to purchase a theme, after about 2 min I get the "channel install failed" error. It seems to only be a problem with the themes because I have no issues when purchasing from other channels like MGo or Google Play. I talked to CS yesterday and all they said was "try a different payment method", which did not solve the problem. I contacted my bank and they said that it was a "CVV code error" and that it is a problem on Roku's end and Roku needs to fix it. However, no success with Roku CS. I called CS again today and after being on hold for 30 min, they said they were having a high call volume and will email me. I did however get a case #. So idk.

I have no idea why this is even being discussed with customer service, it is a tech problem and customer service isn't going to be able to fix it. I first reported this problem 5 days ago and can't even get an acknowledgement that they have been able to reproduce the issue. You are the first verification I have that it isn't just me, so thank you for that. The ability to purchase from channels like M-Go or Google play means that it is a problem with the Roku payment system and that wouldn't affect channel purchases which would go through that channels server rather than the Roku server.

starrella5

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:29 pm

philsoft wrote:
starrella5 wrote:

I have no idea why this is even being discussed with customer service, it is a tech problem and customer service isn't going to be able to fix it. I first reported this problem 5 days ago and can't even get an acknowledgement that they have been able to reproduce the issue. You are the first verification I have that it isn't just me, so thank you for that. The ability to purchase from channels like M-Go or Google play means that it is a problem with the Roku payment system and that wouldn't affect channel purchases which would go through that channels server rather than the Roku server.

I agree. When I called CS and told them the problem they said they were transferring me to support. So idk if it was regular customer service or actual tech support. You would think that Roku would be speedy to fix the issue as I'm sure they are losing out on some money. I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps on my end with no success, so I definitely think it's an issue with Roku billing/payment system and/or servers.

philsoft

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:35 pm

starrella5 wrote:
You would think that Roku would be speedy to fix the issue as I'm sure they are losing out on some money.

You would think. :?:

starrella5 wrote:
so I definitely think it's an issue with Roku billing/payment system and/or servers.

Yeah, it is on their end, but they don't seem to be as responsive as they used to be. Seems the company has gotten bigger and maybe they have less time for the forum, but since this affects their cash flow they should be more responsive than they have been so far. Ah well, maybe I have enough themes :?