Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Re: CLOC Time and Weather Missing

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:40 pm

The Channel Store version was published today. It just goes to show you that you can't believe everything customer service says. :D

-JT

coyote2

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:49 am

My zipcode 94703 says "Data is old", but adjacent zipcodes have data.  Both CLOC and CLOC-private.

renojim

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:44 pm

It's telling you the the weather station for that ZIP Code is probably out of order. The current observation for that ZIP Code has no useful information (other than the Date field that states, "Data is Old"). The National Weather Service uses volunteers with weather reporting stations in their backyards or wherever to supply the weather reports CLOC uses and sometimes they go down. It will probably come back in a day or two or you can just use a nearby ZIP Code.

If your interested, that weather reporting station is located at latitude 37.85183,
longitude -122.28783.

-JT

clady2000

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Does anyone know how to regain the weather, humidity and wind on the CLOC app screensaver.  When I first installed it, it worked great for several months and then all of a sudden, I only get the time stamp.  I've also tried to download the "private" Cloc app today, however, it is not showing up on my roku channels or screensavers.

PLEASE bring back the missing features on the CLOC app, as it was wonderful waking up in the morning and glancing at the TV and seeing the time, weather temp, and humidity, as I also live at the beach and that information is priceless!

I would also be willing to pay for those added features if need be!

Thanks You

DubTaylor

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:18 am

clady2000 wrote:
Does anyone know how to regain the weather, humidity and wind on the CLOC app screensaver.  When I first installed it, it worked great for several months and then all of a sudden, I only get the time stamp.  I've also tried to download the "private" Cloc app today, however, it is not showing up on my roku channels or screensavers.

PLEASE bring back the missing features on the CLOC app, as it was wonderful waking up in the morning and glancing at the TV and seeing the time, weather temp, and humidity, as I also live at the beach and that information is priceless!

I would also be willing to pay for those added features if need be!

Thanks You

The private "CLOC private" (<---will be the actual name of the current screensaver when selected <--- that can be less than intuitive in practice) does work, even now out here in the armpit of the universe. You do have to make sure you have the most recent and the private channel is the one actually selected. I deleted the public version, so there wouldn't be any confusion.

renojim

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:41 am

You can add the private version here: https://my.roku.com/add/CLOCPRI

-JT

Gizmo80

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:40 pm

I am using the private CLOC screensaver and a couple of days ago my weather information disappeared and all I get is the time and a message that says “Data is Old” on the screen. Is there a way to fix this or do we just have to wait? I really miss seeing the temperature and other information. 

I have checked other zip codes near me as I saw someone in an earlier post say it worked for them, but every one of them gives the same message.

Please fix soon.

rwhewitt

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 am

Same problem for me. Only showing 9:23:15 am. as I type this. No weather info. Please fix. BTW my Zipcode is 92506 if this helps.

jeffrok

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:49 am

rwhewitt wrote:
Same problem for me. Only showing 9:23:15 am. as I type this. No weather info. Please fix. BTW my Zipcode is 92506 if this helps.

Did you read the other replies from the author, telling the solution of adding the private screensaver instead of the one in the channel store?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

renojim

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:26 pm

It appears that weather.gov is undergoing some kind of transition to a new API. I can't even get a current observation on their website. Both public and private versions may not be operational for a while.

Sorry,
-JT