Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

pinhead980
Topic Author

Hulu I may cancel, not showing programs

Sat May 28, 2016 1:06 am

hulu used to show the black list, no more, its pay now on the network site, so this is bs now as far as airing the show the next day, I had upgraded to no ads awhile back, I can see the networks taking over as dtv and att merged as well as others, if i'd subscribe to sling, keep hulu and acorn I may as well pay for cable etc

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Hulu I may cancel, not showing programs

Sat May 28, 2016 4:24 am

pinhead980 wrote:
hulu used to show the black list, no more, its pay now on the network site, so this is bs now as far as airing the show the next day, I had upgraded to no ads awhile back, I can see the networks taking over as dtv and att merged as well as others, if i'd subscribe to sling, keep hulu and acorn I may as well pay for cable etc

It appears as if you are angry with Hulu over this. Perhaps I'm reading your message incorrectly. NBC would be the one who made that decision. Hulu would keep it, I'm certain, if NBC allowed.

That network has been moving stuff away from Hulu bit by bit. I'm worried they're going the CBS route. That's who I'd be upset with, not Hulu.

Of course, it does indicate a reason to not keep the service, but one more out of sadness, not anger at Hulu.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

dfgsrzwer

Sat May 28, 2016 7:01 am

I've been predicting this all along...but people want to poo-poo me. The networks are going to remove their content from other services, and the consumer is the one to lose out. As was said above, Hulu (or take your pick of multi-source providers) ain't to blame.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs

mikebdoss

Sat May 28, 2016 2:24 pm

dfgsrzwer wrote:
I've been predicting this all along...but people want to poo-poo me. The networks are going to remove their content from other services, and the consumer is the one to lose out. As was said above, Hulu (or take your pick of multi-source providers) ain't to blame.

I don't think we're poo-pooing you, I think it's just one of those things that doesn't matter until it happens. And when/if it does happen, anyone who doesn't find value in the service can cancel it. One show disappearing isn't indicative of a trend; shows rotate in and out on Hulu all the time.

RT87

Sat May 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't NBC is an co -owner of Hulu?

I hope the networks aren't pulling back from putting shows on
Hulu.

If so, I will cancel too. They sure havent been great after winning
the epix movie deal from Netflix.

Not to many new movies on the channel as well and the newer ones posted
are b movie garbage.

Basil

Sat May 28, 2016 6:42 pm

RT87 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't NBC is an co -owner of Hulu?

I hope the networks aren't pulling back from putting shows on Hulu...

Comcast, Disney, and 21st Century Fox own Hulu.

The Blacklist, while airing on NBC, isn't fully owned by the network. It's jointly produced by Davis Entertainment (independent company), Sony, and Universal (NBC).

It's not as simple as all NBC shows are automatically on Hulu. Would be nice if it was.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

Foolish Hulu Fanboy

Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm

NBC is owned by Comcast. Explains a lot.

FX4

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:34 am

Foolish Hulu Person of Good Streaming Taste wrote:
NBC is owned by Comcast. Explains a lot.

This!
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 4 (x1)
Roku 3 (x3)
Roku Streaming Stick (x1)
Roku2 XS (x4)
Nvidia Shield
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3 (x2)

mrjlturner

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm

pinhead980 wrote:

The part where I would disagree with that is that with Hulu Plus you can eliminate pesky commercials. As of now there is NO way to do that w/ a cable subscription. Even with DVR you are forced to FF through commercials, and they are going to charge you for the DVR service, the cable box, AND the remote control (all of which are more costly than a HULU subscription.)

Just my 2 cents...
My ROKU Info:
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
Roku Premier+ (Wireless | Static IP) - HDMI (1080P)
Spectrum Internet (100 Mbps / 10 Mbps)
Netflix; Hulu Plus; Amazon Prime

dfgsrzwer

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:51 pm

mrjlturner wrote:
pinhead980 wrote:

The part where I would disagree with that is that with Hulu Plus you can eliminate pesky commercials. As of now there is NO way to do that w/ a cable subscription. Even with DVR you are forced to FF through commercials, and they are going to charge you for the DVR service, the cable box, AND the remote control (all of which are more costly than a HULU subscription.)

Just my 2 cents...

However, if all you want is a single show, then the best thing to do is just buy that show (either on DVD, or if ypu want to risk possible loss to access, purchased stream).
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs

pinhead980
Topic Author

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:31 am

Thanks to all who answered, I'm very late with  this, its the networks doing, I can see that now :oops: