Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Darnell
Topic Author

Hulu's new Live TV Streaming Service potential details

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:52 am

Exclusive: Full Breakdown of Hulu’s New Live TV Service

Bottom line, it's too expensive for me. Too little for too much. I'm getting way more for my money from Vue. Maybe Hulu will adjust the prices before final release.

It's nice Hulu has NBA TV and NFL Network. But I'm not paying their price and limiting my simultaneous streams and less DVR.

Dakotah

Re: Hulu's new Live TV Streaming Service potential details

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:11 am

Way too expensive for what you get. The "core" package is poorly constructed. No HGTV. No Food Network. No AMC.
For my usage case...by the time I paid for the channels I really want, it would easily cost as much as my old Dish subscription, and I could only watch it on one TV at a time.

I don't see how this is going to be competitive with Sling and/or Vue.

Darnell
Topic Author

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:24 am

Dakotah wrote:
I don't see how this is going to be competitive with Sling and/or Vue.

And don't forget SFN TV :wink:

regnad kcin

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:36 am

Darnell wrote:

Bottom line, it's too expensive for me. Too little for too much. I'm getting way more for my money from Vue. Maybe Hulu will adjust the prices before final release.

It's nice Hulu has NBA TV and NFL Network. But I'm not paying their price and limiting my simultaneous streams and less DVR.

Read the article and it sounds a little like "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
Won't get fooled again...

Darnell
Topic Author

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:42 am

regnad kcin wrote:
Darnell wrote:

Read the article and it sounds a little like "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
Won't get fooled again...

Yea, because the owners are the old media bosses :lol: .

Dish learned how to do better with Sling TV. But Dish was always one to break the rules a little bit.

The market will continue to teach Hulu. I suspect Hulu assumes their name being a known "brand" will help them get subscribers. I doubt that's going to work, but you never know. We know better though, it won't work on us here 8) .

Cranston37

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:51 am

These services are the old way of consuming content. The only thing I need live TV for is news and sports. Entertainment programs are best served the way Hulu is already doing it - on demand.

LukeBK

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:26 am

I have to wonder if they will change their mind before it launches. The feed back has to be negative espically with SFN TV NOW coming out last week: http://cordcuttersnews.com/sfn-tv-a-new ... per-month/

lvporta

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:31 am

I don't know...if I actually would do away with DISH, the new HULU service would be good enough for me at $34.99. That would save me about $87 bucks a month, My DISH contract ends at the end of this month. If I can get this on 3 TV's(does the $34.99 cover 3 TV's) and get my wife to give up Game Show Network it could work. Probably have to buy another Roku but that's no biggie.

Darnell
Topic Author

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:34 am

lvporta wrote:
I don't know...if I actually would do away with DISH, the new HULU service would be good enough for me at $34.99. That would save me about $87 bucks a month, My DISH contract ends at the end of this month. If I can get this on 3 TV's(does the $34.99 cover 3 TV's) and get my wife to give up Game Show Network it could work. Probably have to buy another Roku but that's no biggie.

Have you considered SFN TV Now?

Tajson

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:26 am

Darnell wrote:

They closed the sign up process.

Darnell
Topic Author

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 am

Tajson wrote:
Darnell wrote:

They closed the sign up process.

Yea, they did that this past weekend before I signed up. But they opened up sign-ups later that same day. They will probably open it up again in the next day or so. You may want to keep an eye on them.

barneypoo69

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Lets not forget Vidgo that will info anytime now ( was to have the info Q1, guess their running late/correcting issues ?).
Roku 4, Time Warner Cable 200/20 & Asus RT-N66U
HDfury Integral
Samsung 50JS7000 SUHD
Marantz SR5009
Oppo BDP-80
Paradigm & NHT speakers
SVS subwoofer

Darnell
Topic Author

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 pm

barneypoo69 wrote:
Lets not forget Vidgo that will info anytime now ( was to have the info Q1, guess their running late/correcting issues ?).

They are one to keep in mind, but it's way too early yet to tell regarding them. For all we know, they may cost more than Hulu's service :lol: .

For now, the ones reasonably priced and better than Hulu's current plan are Vue, SFN Now TV and Sling TV. And that's just my personal ordering :D . I started with Sling and had it for a year, but use Vue and SFN Now TV today.

barneypoo69

Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 pm

I can't get Vue since its not available on Roku. I do have Sling (Fox beta so I can watch NHRA drag racing on FS1 but will change to the ESPN when football season starts, unless one of these new streaming services gets my $$). Sling might update their stuff since Apple TV includes it on their stuff now. We can always hope.............I know, more "ifs"
Roku 4, Time Warner Cable 200/20 & Asus RT-N66U
HDfury Integral
Samsung 50JS7000 SUHD
Marantz SR5009
Oppo BDP-80
Paradigm & NHT speakers
SVS subwoofer

Coach Knight

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:11 pm

With all the extra fees, it's hard to tell much of a difference from traditional cable. I had high hopes for this one but it certainly appears to be very disappointing at this time. Guess they do have time to make changes if they see this is not at all what the public wants.