Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

blackcows
Topic Author

2 Remotes One Roku

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Is it possible to have 2 different remotes work with one Roku tv? I have a Roku tv in my living quarters on my horse trailer and would like to have one remote by the tv and one in the nose by the bed.

dfgsrzwer

Re: 2 Remotes One Roku

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:23 pm

All IR remotes are the same. So you can have multiple remotes to control one Roku (though why I can't imagine, even though you want this) or one to control all.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: 2 Remotes One Roku

Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:14 am

blackcows wrote:
Is it possible to have 2 different remotes work with one Roku tv? I have a Roku tv in my living quarters on my horse trailer and would like to have one remote by the tv and one in the nose by the bed.

When you say Roku TV, I'm assuming you mean an actual Roku TV, and not a TV with a Roku Stick or set top box attached?

I know that dfgsrzwer's answer is correct for a standard set top box. The Roku Stick requires a different remote. I don't have Roku TV experience.

The app for iOS or Android should serve as a second remote, if you're so inclined to go that way. Might be good for the bed location, if you would be having your cell phone there overnight.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)