Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

empirefalls
Topic Author

PLAYSTATION VUE...GET READY TO JUMP THU HOOPS LIKE A CLOWN!

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:28 pm

It looks easy enough...SO YOU MAY THINK.
you add the channel
Playstaion Vue gives you a number and says input it at playstation.com/activateroku to connect

You go online, you go to go to " playstation.com/activateroku."....BUT , you go off to another website and asked to open an account. HUMMM? IS THIS THE RIGHT SITE? it is but, it is not a simple input number and connect your Roku. and your done. Nope.

You have to open an account. Than give your email, you get a bunch of offers to receive junk mail, than you have to verfily your email.

Than you finally, re open roku....BAM! ZONK! ..I think you need a credit card on file at ROKU or you see an error message. I gave up at that point.

I put PLAYSTATION VUE thou the remove channel hoop.

Elijah_Baley

Re: PLAYSTATION VUE...GET READY TO JUMP THU HOOPS LIKE A CLOWN!

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:44 am

Lets see, you set up a Playstation account and you set up a Vue subscription and you, in that process, attach the Vue subscription to your Playstation account. (If you do not have a Playstation account you must create one while activating Vue) Once that is done authorization of the Roku channel is done just like any other channel that is maintained/paid outside the Roku ecostructure.

You do NOT need a CC on file at Roku any more than you do for Amazon or any other channel that handles their own billing.

The process MUST be followed exactly or you will get errors and it is not exactly the "normal" process at each step but if I could follow it with my old brain and make it work first time then I think it is easy enough.

My only real complaint is that it is nearly impossible to move your account to a different IP address. If you change ISPs or if you ISP changes your IP for you, as many do from time to time, or sometimes if you simply move without changing your ISP then you may have no way to access your Vue account and even may have to cancel your existing account and create a new one. They will work with you most of the time now but it is a rather huge hassle.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

empirefalls
Topic Author

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:07 am

re

My old brain followed though the loooong process of jumping though hoops all right. But When i went to the Channel on Roku, i got an error message from Playtation Vue. i assumed it was because i do not have a cc on file at Roku. Assumption right or wrong, It still meant i would have to go though the hoops and looooooog process again. SWEET.

But i didnt. Removed the channel instead.

Of course Playstaion required my email information to open an account so now i will have to put up with spam mail offers, til i spam block them out

Streaming media is turning into cable and satellite.

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:50 am

Thank goodness we know yet another channel that empirefalls has installed and removed.

empirefalls
Topic Author

Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Your welcome.

I have some favorite channels but the trend seems give them time, they will fix something that is not broken.
ONNEWS as an example of a former favorite. . Watched it for hours most days. Now you go to watch it and you get gang banged by ads.

mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:55 pm

empirefalls wrote:
Your welcome.

I have some favorite channels but the trend seems give them time, they will fix something that is not broken.
ONNEWS as an example of a former favorite. . Watched it for hours most days. Now you go to watch it and you get gang banged by ads.

Because servers and bandwidth cost money. Most small channels aren't doing it just for fun.

I don't like bad ads, either, but unless you're doing the ads yourself (which takes a lot of time and energy), you're limited to just a few streaming ad networks.

MacysBruce

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:10 pm

I've installed Playstation Vue on my Roku and two Amazon Fire Sticks. Works like a charm. And I get NBC live here in CT. Makes my life that much easier.
I will bring home anyone or anything I choose...including a one eyed Episcopalian kangaroo, if that happens to be my kinky inclination!

empirefalls
Topic Author

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:34 am

re

i understand ads pay the bills for the channel and i will tolerate ads. But if the Ads chase away the viewers to the channel, that costs more money. Just look at cable or satellite.

empirefalls
Topic Author

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:33 am

I checked out the service code error i received after jumping though all the hoops to get this channel started.
Yes, according to the error messages i got. you need a credit card

why didnt they say that at the beginning? before sending people though the time consuming hoops of; registering,giving them your email,blab,blab,blab.